American Hustle marks the third part in a three-film evolution for filmmaker David O. Russell. Beginning with The Fighter, continuing with Silver Linings Playbook, and playing out on a larger canvas than ever before in American Hustle, Russell centers on characters who are trying to change their lives through a process of reinvention.
Read Jim Batts’ 5 star review Here.
There’s nothing more that I love about a film, especially this type of period piece drama, than the aesthetics and the work of the crew behind the scenes. We are brought into the world of American Hustle through their artistic use of costumes and sets.
In recreating the 70′s, Russell relied on his longtime collaborator, production designer Judy Becker, to bring about the look he desired for the film. Becker was excited by the opportunity. Her research, combined with the screenplay, inspired her to build unique worlds for the characters that expresses who they are. »
- Michelle McCue
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Jennifer Lawrence Crowned ‘Most Talkative’ In Middle School (From ET Canada. 2 December 2016, 5:16 PM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence Recalls Near-Fatal Butt-Scratching Incident (Video) (From The Wrap. 2 December 2016, 5:06 PM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence Almost Killed Someone by Scratching Her Butt -- Hear the Harrowing (and Tmi) Story! (From Entertainment Tonight. 2 December 2016, 4:31 PM, PST)
- WWE Superstar Charlotte Puts Her Name Forward To Play The Female Thor (From We Got This Covered. 2 December 2016, 7:48 PM, PST)
- Thor: Ragnarok Promo Art Features The God Of Thunder And The Hulk (From We Got This Covered. 2 December 2016, 5:31 PM, PST)
- WWE Superstar Charlotte Flair Expresses An Interest In Playing The Female Version Of Thor (From ComicBookMovie. 2 December 2016, 4:56 PM, PST)
Bradley Cooper (I)
- New trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 arriving tonight, sneak peek released (From Flickeringmyth. 3 December 2016, 4:28 AM, PST)
- Irina Shayk Surprised Everyone with Pregnancy News: ‘No One Suspected Backstage!’ (From PEOPLE.com. 2 December 2016, 4:00 PM, PST)
- Irina Shayk Recreates Sexy 'Ghost' Scene for 'Love' Magazine's Advent Calendar (From Entertainment Tonight. 2 December 2016, 10:03 AM, PST)