Early tracking shows “Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones” taking in around $15 million this weekend at approximately 2,800 locations — though some estimates place “The Marked Ones” closer to $20 million, where it would likely battle “Smaug” and Disney’s “Frozen” for the top slot.
“Frozen” led the way on New Year’s Day Wednesday with $8.7 million for a six-week total of $271.9 million, followed by “Smaug” with $7.8 million for $209.3 million in 20 days.
“The Marked Ones,” an offshoot of the franchise with new characters, will start showings at 10 p.m. Thursday in about 2,000 locations. The film’s budget is $5 million and producers are low-budget specialists Jason Blum and Oren Peli with Christopher Landon writing and directing.
Revolving around two Hispanic teenagers from Oxnard, Calif. (Andrew Jacobs and »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- ‘Beauty and the Beast’ Regains Top Spot on Disc Charts (From Variety - Film News. 28 June 2017, 5:40 PM, PDT)
- How Does Wonder Woman’s Domestic Box Office Total Compare To Its Dceu Peers? (From We Got This Covered. 28 June 2017, 3:14 PM, PDT)
- Bachelor in Paradise's DeMario Jackson & Corinne Olympios Were Paired Up as 'Villains' by Producers: Source (From PEOPLE.com. 28 June 2017, 2:39 PM, PDT)
Martin Scorsese (I)
- Are These the Best Casino Movie Scenes of All Time? (From TheHDRoom. 28 June 2017, 7:25 AM, PDT)
- Review: "Cheech And Chong's Next Movie" (1980); Shout! Factory Blu-ray Special Edition (From CinemaRetro. 28 June 2017, 6:13 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive Interview: Andrew Jay Cohen on Scorsese’s influence & the ‘extreme’ tone with his debut The House (From HeyUGuys. 28 June 2017, 3:00 AM, PDT)
Paranormal Activity (2007)
- Kevin Bacon says the 'Tremors' reboot is heading to SyFy channel (From ScreenDaily. 26 June 2017, 5:14 AM, PDT)
- How to Save the Dark Universe (From Flickeringmyth. 24 June 2017, 10:56 AM, PDT)
- Laff 2017 Interview: Desolation Director Sam Patton on Crafting an Intimate Survival Thriller (From DailyDead. 21 June 2017, 9:27 AM, PDT)