American Hustle, 2013.
Directed by David O. Russell.
A con man, Irving Rosenfeld, along with his seductive British partner, Sydney Prosser, is forced to work for a wild FBI agent, Richie Dimaso. Dimaso pushes them into a world of Jersey powerbrokers and mafia.
On the surface, American Hustle is enjoyable enough. Great performances, silly wigs, camp 70s outfits, several laughs, and a killer soundtrack are peppered throughout the film meaning there is always something to enjoy visually or audibly. However, the film is turns out to be nothing more than just fun, and struggles to hold the attention, often weighed down by attempts at being something it clearly is not.
Based partly on actual events, the film tries to tell the story of an FBI sting operation to catch Us officials taking bribes in an operatic style with five central characters, »
- Gary Collinson
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- 10 Highest Paid Actresses in 2016, From Julia Roberts to Jennifer Lawrence (Photos) (From The Wrap. 23 August 2016, 11:59 AM, PDT)
- Forbes Reveals 2016's Top Paid Actresses: What the List Says About the Evolution of Women in Hollywood (From E! Online. 23 August 2016, 11:04 AM, PDT)
- Jennifer Lawrence Ranked World’s Highest-Paid Actress for Second Year (From Variety - Film News. 23 August 2016, 9:09 AM, PDT)
Bradley Cooper (I)
- ‘War Dogs’ review: “An enjoyable, if somewhat unbelievable action/ comedy” (From The Hollywood News. 23 August 2016, 8:43 AM, PDT)
- Deauville Opens With Brad Furman’s ‘Infiltrator,’ Pays Tribute to Michael Moore (From Variety - Film News. 23 August 2016, 5:11 AM, PDT)
- New Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Concept Art Features A Tendrilled Beast (From We Got This Covered. 22 August 2016, 12:09 PM, PDT)
- Which Batman Character Would Win In The Casino (From Legions of Gotham. 22 August 2016, 9:31 AM, PDT)
- DVD Review – Knight of Cups (2016) (From Flickeringmyth. 22 August 2016, 12:30 AM, PDT)
- Knight of Cups; The Pearl Button; Arabian Nights; The Jungle Book; Jane Got a Gun; Miles Ahead; The Get Down – review (From The Guardian - Film News. 21 August 2016, 12:00 AM, PDT)