"Downton Abbey" returns this weekend to PBS with its fourth season and executive producer Gareth Neame tells Zap2it that while Lady Mary (Michelle Dockery) is a young and desirable woman, she is still very much in mourning for Matthew (Dan Stevens) and won't be turning her eyes to any new men -- not at first, anyway.
"Mary is not looking for any suitors whatsoever when the season begins," says Neame. "She is in a living death because of the tragedy of her loss and that's not something she's going to recover from any time soon. We've just got to see how she's doing when we return to Downton several months after the death. Really she can't do anything."
"But that's what defines our show -- it is the tears and the joy that make up a life," he adds.
In the wake of Matthew's death and also the passing »
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- Armie Hammer's Wife -- I'm Finally Getting Hammered!!! (From TMZ. 6 May 2015, 12:30 AM, PDT)
- How 'Game of Thrones' Brought the Frightening Reality of the Gay Rights Fight to Westeros (From Indiewire Television. 4 May 2015, 7:24 AM, PDT)
- Dame Maggie Smith's Downton Abbey character 'will never die' (From Virgin Media - TV. 3 May 2015, 4:00 AM, PDT)
Dan Stevens (IV)
- 'It Follows' movie review (From MoreHorror. 4 May 2015, 6:49 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Exploring Color and Conflict in 'The Guest' Video Essay (From Rope Of Silicon. 4 May 2015, 8:08 AM, PDT)
- Independence Day 2 Adds Maika Monroe as President Whitmore’s Daughter (From Collider.com. 28 April 2015, 7:08 AM, PDT)
- 2015 Summer Movie Preview: 20 Most Anticipated Movies (From Rope Of Silicon. 29 April 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- ’70s horror classic ‘Don’t Look Now’ getting remade (From SoundOnSight. 29 April 2015, 7:40 AM, PDT)
- Here's an exclusive sneak peek at the PBS 'Masterpiece' Emmy Awards campaign' (From Gold Derby. 22 April 2015, 3:12 PM, PDT)