“Frozen” led the way on Wednesday with $8.7 million for a six-week total of $271.9 million, followed by “Smaug” with $7.8 million for $209.3 million in 20 days.
A pair of sprawling dramas pulled in the adult demo in the next two slots as Paramount’s “The Wolf Of Wall Street” finished in third with $5.6 million, giving the Martin Scorsese drama $47.1 million in its first eight days. Sony’s “American Hustle” finished fourth with $56. million for nearly $73 million in three weeks.
Paramount’s “Anchorman: The Legend Continues” came in fifth with $4.9 million for $95 million after 15 days. The comedy sequel should crack the $100 million mark by the weekend.
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- First Look Images From Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3, Episode 3: “A Wanted (Inhu)man” (From We Got This Covered. 3 October 2015, 1:48 PM, PDT)
- Matt Damon’s ‘The Martian’ Blasts Off With ‘Gravity’-Defying $18 Million at Box Office (From The Wrap. 3 October 2015, 7:58 AM, PDT)
- Lethal Weapon set to make the jump to the small screen with TV adaptation (From Flickeringmyth. 3 October 2015, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- The Films That Should Be TV Shows (From Flickeringmyth. 4 October 2015, 3:50 AM, PDT)
- Two Prestigious Space Movies Battle It Out for October Box Office Record - Which Actually Belongs to a Lowbrow Comedy (From Alt Film Guide. 3 October 2015, 9:48 PM, PDT)
- Mirrored Gives You Another Good Reason to Fear Your Reflection (From Dread Central. 3 October 2015, 5:47 PM, PDT)
American Hustle (2013)
- WWE Divas Champion Aj Brooks Leads Impressive cast in William Butler’s “The Mist meets The Walking Dead” monster film Hellstorm!! (From Icons of Fright. 2 October 2015, 1:46 PM, PDT)
- Another piece of Ant-Man concept art for Janet Van Dyne’s Wasp (From Flickeringmyth. 2 October 2015, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- The Intern movie review: so much nice, so little help (From FlickFilosopher. 2 October 2015, 2:48 AM, PDT)