“Frozen” led the way on Wednesday with $8.7 million for a six-week total of $271.9 million, followed by “Smaug” with $7.8 million for $209.3 million in 20 days.
A pair of sprawling dramas pulled in the adult demo in the next two slots as Paramount’s “The Wolf Of Wall Street” finished in third with $5.6 million, giving the Martin Scorsese drama $47.1 million in its first eight days. Sony’s “American Hustle” finished fourth with $56. million for nearly $73 million in three weeks.
Paramount’s “Anchorman: The Legend Continues” came in fifth with $4.9 million for $95 million after 15 days. The comedy sequel should crack the $100 million mark by the weekend.
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Check out the catchy end credit sequence from The Lego Batman Movie (From JoBlo. 24 February 2017, 6:33 PM, PST)
- It's Morphin Time in New Power Rangers International Trailer (From MovieWeb. 24 February 2017, 3:45 PM, PST)
- Warner Bros. announces Vixen: The Movie (From Flickeringmyth. 24 February 2017, 3:40 PM, PST)
Martin Scorsese (I)
- Rip Entertainment Writer Amy Dawes, Who Spent 30 Years Writing About the Movies (From Indiewire. 24 February 2017, 4:23 PM, PST)
- Buyers of Scorsese's 'Irishman' call potential Netflix deal “fake news” (From ScreenDaily. 24 February 2017, 10:25 AM, PST)
- Martin Scorsese To Be Given John Ford Award From Ireland’s President (From Deadline. 24 February 2017, 7:34 AM, PST)
American Hustle (2013)
- Possible Spoilers: Wonder Woman plot leaked online with possible cameos and tone – but is it any good? (From Flickeringmyth. 23 February 2017, 4:59 AM, PST)
- Food Network Star Alton Brown Dishes on Oscar DPs (From Variety - Film News. 22 February 2017, 4:22 PM, PST)
- Former Sony, Relativity EuropaCorp Marketing Exec Tommy Gargotta to Join Fox Network (Exclusive) (From Variety - TV News. 22 February 2017, 10:20 AM, PST)