“Frozen” led the way on Wednesday with $8.7 million for a six-week total of $271.9 million, followed by “Smaug” with $7.8 million for $209.3 million in 20 days.
A pair of sprawling dramas pulled in the adult demo in the next two slots as Paramount’s “The Wolf Of Wall Street” finished in third with $5.6 million, giving the Martin Scorsese drama $47.1 million in its first eight days. Sony’s “American Hustle” finished fourth with $56. million for nearly $73 million in three weeks.
Paramount’s “Anchorman: The Legend Continues” came in fifth with $4.9 million for $95 million after 15 days. The comedy sequel should crack the $100 million mark by the weekend.
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Another New The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies Poster (From TheMovieBit. 23 October 2014, 2:38 AM, PDT)
- Disney loses John Carter rights, new studio sought to continue the franchise (From Flickeringmyth. 23 October 2014, 1:10 AM, PDT)
- Hollywood’s China Syndrome (From Hollywoodnews.com. 22 October 2014, 10:11 PM, PDT)
- ‘Goodfellas’ Actor Suing ‘The Simpsons’ For $250 Million (From Slash Film. 22 October 2014, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Daily | Fellini, Borowczyk, Dabis (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 22 October 2014, 9:07 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Fellini, Borowczyk, Dabis (From Keyframe. 22 October 2014, 9:07 AM, PDT)
American Hustle (2013)
- Michael Douglas and Evangeline Lilly in new Ant-Man set photo (From Flickeringmyth. 22 October 2014, 11:49 PM, PDT)
- The Academy Celebrates 20th Anniversary The Shawshank Redemption With Frank Darabont, Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 October 2014, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- Ten Potential Oscar Contenders That Will Premiere by the End of the Year (From Scott Feinberg. 21 October 2014, 12:40 PM, PDT)