“Frozen” led the way on Wednesday with $8.7 million for a six-week total of $271.9 million, followed by “Smaug” with $7.8 million for $209.3 million in 20 days.
A pair of sprawling dramas pulled in the adult demo in the next two slots as Paramount’s “The Wolf Of Wall Street” finished in third with $5.6 million, giving the Martin Scorsese drama $47.1 million in its first eight days. Sony’s “American Hustle” finished fourth with $56. million for nearly $73 million in three weeks.
Paramount’s “Anchorman: The Legend Continues” came in fifth with $4.9 million for $95 million after 15 days. The comedy sequel should crack the $100 million mark by the weekend.
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Ray Fisher Says He Didn’t Know He Was Getting a Solo Cyborg Movie (From Collider.com. 21 October 2014, 5:33 PM, PDT)
- Ray Fisher Didn’t Know About ‘Cyborg’ Solo Movie; Already Finished ‘Batman v Superman’ Role (From Slash Film. 21 October 2014, 5:30 PM, PDT)
- James Wan to Direct 'The Conjuring 2' and Potentially a DC Comics Movie (From Movies.com. 21 October 2014, 4:57 PM, PDT)
- Review: Martin Scorsese Produced, Andrew Lau Co-Directed 'Revenge Of The Green Dragons' Is A Total Mess (From The Playlist. 21 October 2014, 3:02 PM, PDT)
- Watch: Explore Orson Welles' Life And Work In Trailer For Documentary 'Magician' (From The Playlist. 21 October 2014, 1:51 PM, PDT)
- 'Paris, Texas' co-writer L.M. Kit Carson dies at 73 (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 21 October 2014, 1:33 PM, PDT)
American Hustle (2013)
- The Academy Celebrates 20th Anniversary The Shawshank Redemption With Frank Darabont, Morgan Freeman and Tim Robbins (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 October 2014, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- Ten Potential Oscar Contenders That Will Premiere by the End of the Year (From Scott Feinberg. 21 October 2014, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- James Gunn talks about Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 21 October 2014, 7:59 AM, PDT)