Ricky Martin is Livin’ la Vida Soltero at as of the holidays. According to a report by El Nuevo Día (confirmed by Martin’s publicist) the singer amicably ended his relationship with long-time partner, Puerto Rican financier Carlos González Abella.
Martin came out in 2010 after the birth of his twin sons Matteo and Valentino. He didn’t reveal the name of his partner until 2011 during a Behind the Music interview with VH1.
“My boyfriend is very smart, very compassionate. But most importantly, he loves my children. It is very beautiful. Super cool. I’m very happy.”
Martin was born in Puerto Rico but he obtained Spanish citizenship two years ago. He recently told Agencia Efe that he hoped to get married in Spain. Looks like that might be on hold.
The post Ricky Martin Single Again appeared first on thebacklot.com. »
- Aaron Landry
Similar News ItemsRicky Martin (I)
- The Apprentice 2014: episode 11 live blog – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 17 December 2014, 2:01 PM, PST)
- Strictly Come Dancing: the semi-final – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 14 December 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Strictly semi-final: All the best photos - and the judges' verdict (From Digital Spy - TV news. 13 December 2014, 2:14 PM, PST)
"Behind the Music" (1997)
- Watch Blake Shelton and Miranda Lambert Fall in Love on Stage in 2005 (From Popsugar. 10 November 2014, 10:50 AM, PST)
- Nyff 2014. Bertrand Bonello's "Saint Laurent" (From MUBI. 7 October 2014, 7:11 PM, PDT)
- The Simpsons top 50 episodes (From Den of Geek. 28 August 2014, 8:33 AM, PDT)
Carlos González (II)
- Ricky Martin Dating Ian Thorpe? Find Out Now (From E! Online. 12 September 2014, 1:45 PM, PDT)
- Ricky Martin Flashes Peace Sign in NYC After Breakup With Boyfriend Carlos González Abella (From E! Online. 6 January 2014, 9:57 AM, PST)
- Speed Read: Did Miley Cyrus Really Fat-Shame Beyoncé? (From Popsugar. 3 January 2014, 7:25 AM, PST)