I think that 2013 will be seen as a massive turning point in terms of how media is delivered into your home and how it is consumed. More than any other year, 2013 signified the decline of traditional cinema and release patterns. The multiplex seems more dominated than ever by the big blockbuster and sequels with no place for the films that fit in between. The mid-tier thriller or drama without prestige or huge explosions doesn’t seem to exist anymore as far as cinemas go and these films head straight to DVD or a streaming subscription service.
General audiences seem to not quite understand the business model for distribution and so anything that didn’t appear on cinema screens or was advertised in a newspaper or on TV and appears on DVD shelves or on streaming, is sadly being ignored.
In the UK we are somewhere in between the process at »
- Chris Holt
Similar News ItemsPrince Charles
- Sarah Ferguson Admits This Royal Family Member Still Makes Her Nervous (From PEOPLE.com. 24 October 2016, 8:50 AM, PDT)
- Five Things to Know About Princess Diana’s Stepmother, Raine Spencer — and Why Diana Called Her ‘Acid Raine’ (From PEOPLE.com. 21 October 2016, 2:19 PM, PDT)
- Prince Charles Honors Survivors of Mining Tragedy That Killed 116 Kids (From PEOPLE.com. 21 October 2016, 12:21 PM, PDT)
The Kings of Summer (2013)
- The Weekend Warrior 10/7/16: The Girl on a Train, Birth of a Nation, Middle School, Newtown (From LatinoReview. 5 October 2016, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- King Kong Returns in Kong: Skull Island Trailer (From MovieWeb. 23 July 2016, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2016: Watch the First Trailer for Kong: Skull Island (From DailyDead. 23 July 2016, 1:11 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Don Coscarelli and friends reflect on 40 years of Phantasm (From The AV Club. 7 October 2016, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: A Discussion on the Phantasm: Ravager Ending with David Hartman and Don Coscarelli (From DailyDead. 7 October 2016, 3:10 PM, PDT)
- Meet Phantasm Creator Don Coscarelli at NYC’s IFC Center; Dread Central Hosts! (From Dread Central. 7 October 2016, 11:52 AM, PDT)