With its Season 2 premiere still several months away, "Bates Motel" is one of the most exciting returning shows on the midseason slate. The A&E drama proved itself in Season 1 to be fantastic not just for its connection to "Psycho" but also on its own merits, and delivered such a quality story that there's no denying it does the classic thriller justice.
Yet still there might be some out there doubting whether "Bates Motel" is worth their time. It's hard at the outset to understand why a prequel/retelling of "Psycho" would be must-see television. This writer will be the first to argue that remakes and sequel/prequels horribly overpopulate the Hollywood landscape, yet "Bates Motel" is a project that's proven its worth many times over.
The key to having a project that revisits previously successful source material work is having its new take on the story inform the original, »
Similar News Items"Breaking Bad" (2008)
- From the 'Strain' Set: Showrunner Carlton Cuse on working with Guillermo del Toro and more (From Hitfix. 12 July 2014, 9:10 PM, PDT)
- Halfway Mark: The Best TV Episodes of 2014 (So Far), Part 1 (From SoundOnSight. 12 July 2014, 6:17 PM, PDT)
- "Better Call Saul" Producers Talk The Setting (From Dark Horizons. 12 July 2014, 1:12 PM, PDT)
Alfred Hitchcock (I)
- Is the Auteur a Brand? (From Thompson on Hollywood. 11 July 2014, 10:01 AM, PDT)
- Relativity Set To Finance Kate Beckinsale’s Horror Flick, The Disappointments Room (From We Got This Covered. 10 July 2014, 3:10 PM, PDT)
- Listen: Theremin Studio Sessions For Bernard Herrmann's Score For 'The Day The Earth Stood Still' (From The Playlist. 10 July 2014, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2014 - Friday Schedule Announced (From GeekTyrant. 11 July 2014, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2014 Schedule for Friday, July 25th (From MovieWeb. 11 July 2014, 11:37 AM, PDT)
- #SDCC14: Day Two (July 25th) Horror Highlights Include The Walking Dead, Sleepy Hollow, Horns, Everly, The Originals, Wayward Pines, Bates Motel, Tusk, and More (From Dread Central. 11 July 2014, 11:13 AM, PDT)