With its Season 2 premiere still several months away, "Bates Motel" is one of the most exciting returning shows on the midseason slate. The A&E drama proved itself in Season 1 to be fantastic not just for its connection to "Psycho" but also on its own merits, and delivered such a quality story that there's no denying it does the classic thriller justice.
Yet still there might be some out there doubting whether "Bates Motel" is worth their time. It's hard at the outset to understand why a prequel/retelling of "Psycho" would be must-see television. This writer will be the first to argue that remakes and sequel/prequels horribly overpopulate the Hollywood landscape, yet "Bates Motel" is a project that's proven its worth many times over.
The key to having a project that revisits previously successful source material work is having its new take on the story inform the original, »
Similar News Items"Breaking Bad" (2008)
- Interview: 'Battle Creek' star Kal Penn on 'House' reunions and pot differentiation (From Hitfix. 26 February 2015, 10:30 PM, PST)
- Battle Creek Season 1 Review (From We Got This Covered. 26 February 2015, 3:59 PM, PST)
- Frightfest Glasgow 2015: ’88′ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 26 February 2015, 1:49 PM, PST)
Alfred Hitchcock (I)
- Neurocinema: How Movies Control Your Mind (From FilmSchoolRejects. 26 February 2015, 7:08 AM, PST)
- Alfred Hitchcock’s Rear Window Heads Back to Select U.S. Theaters for Two Days This March (From The Daily BLAM!. 26 February 2015)
- Examining the Christopher Nolan backlash (From Den of Geek. 23 February 2015, 10:33 PM, PST)
- “There’s No Space for that Old Style of the Big Barking Orders Coming from the Big Man”: Debra Granik Talks Documentary Filmmaking on the She Does Podcast (From Filmmaker Magazine. 25 February 2015, 10:10 AM, PST)
- Exclusive! Bates Motel Sneak Peek: Norman is 'Changing' and We Should All Be Terrified (From Entertainment Tonight. 25 February 2015, 9:45 AM, PST)
- Watch the New Bates Motel Season 3 Teaser Trailer (From DailyDead. 24 February 2015, 11:56 AM, PST)