Moviegoers will have plenty to unwrap in theaters Christmas Day, with a hefty eight films opening, including Martin Scorsese’s latest “The Wolf of Wall Street”, Ben Stiller’s “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” and the Keanu Reeves samurai tentpole “47 Ronin.” But auds still are likely to crown Warner Bros.’ third-frame holdover “The Hobbit” as the B.O. champ, with a projected five-day gross at north of $40 million.
“Wolf of Wall Street,” which Paramount is releasing at more than 2,500 Stateside locations, looks to have the edge among the new entries, tracking in the mid-$20 millions Friday-Sunday. Par expects the film to gross somewhere in the $30 million range in five days, with opening day expectations at around $7 million.
Meanwhile, Fox’s “Walter Mitty” and Warner Bros.’ older-skewing “Grudge Match,” starring Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone, are projected to land in the high-teens in three days. Both look to eclipse »
- Andrew Stewart
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Orange Is the New Black’s Samira Wiley and Lauren Morelli Are Married (From PEOPLE.com. 25 March 2017, 6:29 PM, PDT)
- Creators Can Still Enter To Win Best Vines Ever! (From Tubefilter News. 24 March 2017, 12:14 PM, PDT)
- Modern Pop Songs Written About Exes (From PEOPLE.com. 24 March 2017, 11:10 AM, PDT)
Warner Bros. [us]
- Zack Snyder Teases Superman's Return in Justice League (From MovieWeb. 25 March 2017, 2:36 PM, PDT)
- Yet Another New Spider-Man: Homecoming Poster Swings Online (From We Got This Covered. 25 March 2017, 1:20 PM, PDT)
- Justice League: Try Not to Lose Your Mind Over This Insane Trailer (From BuzzSugar. 25 March 2017, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Zac Efron Shares a Random (but Awesome) Throwback With Leonardo DiCaprio (From Popsugar. 24 March 2017, 8:02 AM, PDT)
- 'British films need more support', says Lionsgate UK CEO (From ScreenDaily. 24 March 2017, 5:06 AM, PDT)
- Five Films Executive Produced By Martin Scorsese (From Flickeringmyth. 24 March 2017, 12:00 AM, PDT)