Moviegoers will have plenty to unwrap in theaters Christmas Day, with a hefty eight films opening, including Martin Scorsese’s latest “The Wolf of Wall Street”, Ben Stiller’s “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” and the Keanu Reeves samurai tentpole “47 Ronin.” But auds still are likely to crown Warner Bros.’ third-frame holdover “The Hobbit” as the B.O. champ, with a projected five-day gross at north of $40 million.
“Wolf of Wall Street,” which Paramount is releasing at more than 2,500 Stateside locations, looks to have the edge among the new entries, tracking in the mid-$20 millions Friday-Sunday. Par expects the film to gross somewhere in the $30 million range in five days, with opening day expectations at around $7 million.
Meanwhile, Fox’s “Walter Mitty” and Warner Bros.’ older-skewing “Grudge Match,” starring Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone, are projected to land in the high-teens in three days. Both look to eclipse »
- Andrew Stewart
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- The Late Late Show’s James Corden on Why Being a Talk-Show Host Has Changed and How His Gig’s Going So Far (From Vulture. 2 June 2015, 12:18 PM, PDT)
- Justin Bieber & Cody Simpson -- Italian Restaurant Performance Molto Bene (Video) (From TMZ. 2 June 2015, 6:55 AM, PDT)
- 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' Star Checks Into Rehab (From The Hollywood Reporter. 1 June 2015, 8:53 PM, PDT)
Warner Bros. [us]
- Transformers Braintrust Adds Two Female Writers (From Collider.com. 2 June 2015, 1:23 PM, PDT)
- Clint Eastwood’s Next Film Will Be the “Captain Sully” Movie (From Collider.com. 2 June 2015, 1:07 PM, PDT)
- Clint Eastwood to Direct Captain Sully Sullenberger Story for Warner Bros. (From Variety - Film News. 2 June 2015, 12:37 PM, PDT)
- Clint Eastwood To Direct Captain Sully Drama (From The Playlist. 2 June 2015, 12:58 PM, PDT)
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Model Kelly Rohrbach Get Cozy at Cfda Fashion Awards After-Party! (From E! Online. 2 June 2015, 10:38 AM, PDT)
- 100 Essential Action Scenes: Shootouts (From SoundOnSight. 2 June 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)