Moviegoers will have plenty to unwrap in theaters Christmas Day, with a hefty eight films opening, including Martin Scorsese’s latest “The Wolf of Wall Street”, Ben Stiller’s “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” and the Keanu Reeves samurai tentpole “47 Ronin.” But auds still are likely to crown Warner Bros.’ third-frame holdover “The Hobbit” as the B.O. champ, with a projected five-day gross at north of $40 million.
“Wolf of Wall Street,” which Paramount is releasing at more than 2,500 Stateside locations, looks to have the edge among the new entries, tracking in the mid-$20 millions Friday-Sunday. Par expects the film to gross somewhere in the $30 million range in five days, with opening day expectations at around $7 million.
Meanwhile, Fox’s “Walter Mitty” and Warner Bros.’ older-skewing “Grudge Match,” starring Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone, are projected to land in the high-teens in three days. Both look to eclipse »
- Andrew Stewart
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Justin Bieber ... Chick-fil-a Run After Plea Deal -- Would You Like Chicken with Your Anger Management? (From TMZ. 10 July 2014, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- Speed Read: Justin Bieber Gets 2 Years of Probation For Egging Incident (From Popsugar. 10 July 2014, 5:24 AM, PDT)
- Meme: George Clooney Forces Daily Mail To Apologize, Dr. Keith Ablow Fears Man-Dog Marriage, and Spornosexuals Are Not a Thing (From The Backlot. 10 July 2014, 4:51 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Gianni Capaldi talks Puncture Wounds, a.k.a. A Certain Justice (From Flickeringmyth. 9 July 2014, 2:31 AM, PDT)
- How do we fix the movie rating scale? (From SoundOnSight. 8 July 2014, 12:38 PM, PDT)
- 150 random celebrities, painstakingly sorted into Hogwarts houses (From EW.com - PopWatch. 8 July 2014, 11:42 AM, PDT)
Warner Bros. [us]
- Chris Columbus To Produce The Goonies and Gremlins Sequels? (From GeekTyrant. 10 July 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- 10 Movie Characters Whose Haircuts Were Simply Ridiculous (From Obsessed with Film. 10 July 2014, 3:03 AM, PDT)
- Elle Fanning to Star in 'How to Talk to Girls at Parties' (From MovieWeb. 9 July 2014, 4:48 PM, PDT)