Moviegoers will have plenty to unwrap in theaters Christmas Day, with a hefty eight films opening, including Martin Scorsese’s latest “The Wolf of Wall Street”, Ben Stiller’s “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” and the Keanu Reeves samurai tentpole “47 Ronin.” But auds still are likely to crown Warner Bros.’ third-frame holdover “The Hobbit” as the B.O. champ, with a projected five-day gross at north of $40 million.
“Wolf of Wall Street,” which Paramount is releasing at more than 2,500 Stateside locations, looks to have the edge among the new entries, tracking in the mid-$20 millions Friday-Sunday. Par expects the film to gross somewhere in the $30 million range in five days, with opening day expectations at around $7 million.
Meanwhile, Fox’s “Walter Mitty” and Warner Bros.’ older-skewing “Grudge Match,” starring Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone, are projected to land in the high-teens in three days. Both look to eclipse »
- Andrew Stewart
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Meet Sturgill Simpson, the Country Singer Going Up Against Beyoncé and Adele at the Grammys (From BuzzSugar. 6 December 2016, 1:50 PM, PST)
- 2017 GRAMMYs: Kelly Clarkson, Ariana Grande, Keith Urban and More Nominees React! (From Entertainment Tonight. 6 December 2016, 1:24 PM, PST)
- Amy Schumer Nominated for the 2017 Grammys: See More of the Most Unlikely Grammy Award Winners of All Time (From E! Online. 6 December 2016, 1:09 PM, PST)
Warner Bros. [us]
- Jeremy Irons, Matthias Schoenaerts Join Jennifer Lawrence’s Spy Thriller ‘Red Sparrow’ (From Variety - Film News. 6 December 2016, 12:18 PM, PST)
- Honest Trailer For ‘Suicide Squad,’ A Movie About Superheroes Who Are Low On Relevant Superhero Skills (From The Playlist. 6 December 2016, 10:21 AM, PST)
- At&T Chief Says Trump Election Is a ‘Positive Development’ (From Variety - TV News. 6 December 2016, 9:56 AM, PST)
- ‘O.J.: Made in America,’ ‘Weiner’ Among 15 Documentaries to Advance in Oscar Race (From Variety - Film News. 6 December 2016, 11:56 AM, PST)
- Tom Hardy Lost An Oscar Bet To Leonardo DiCaprio And Now He Has to Get A Hilarious Tattoo (From ET Canada. 5 December 2016, 7:41 PM, PST)
- Tom Hardy Lost an Oscar Bet to Leonardo DiCaprio and Now He Has to Get a Hilarious Tattoo (From Entertainment Tonight. 5 December 2016, 6:05 PM, PST)