Moviegoers will have plenty to unwrap in theaters Christmas Day, with a hefty eight films opening, including Martin Scorsese’s latest “The Wolf of Wall Street”, Ben Stiller’s “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” and the Keanu Reeves samurai tentpole “47 Ronin.” But auds still are likely to crown Warner Bros.’ third-frame holdover “The Hobbit” as the B.O. champ, with a projected five-day gross at north of $40 million.
“Wolf of Wall Street,” which Paramount is releasing at more than 2,500 Stateside locations, looks to have the edge among the new entries, tracking in the mid-$20 millions Friday-Sunday. Par expects the film to gross somewhere in the $30 million range in five days, with opening day expectations at around $7 million.
Meanwhile, Fox’s “Walter Mitty” and Warner Bros.’ older-skewing “Grudge Match,” starring Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone, are projected to land in the high-teens in three days. Both look to eclipse »
- Andrew Stewart
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- ‘Furious 7’ Star Ludacris Says Paul Walker Jokes During Justin Bieber Roast ‘Weren’t Appropriate’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 27 March 2015, 3:48 PM, PDT)
- Ludacris Says Paul Walker Jokes Went "Too Far" During Justin Bieber Roast, Reveals He Was "Promised" They'd Be Cut (From E! Online. 27 March 2015, 1:46 PM, PDT)
- TMZ Live: Jennifer Lopez: The Truth Behind Her Alleged 'Break-Up' (From TMZ. 27 March 2015, 9:45 AM, PDT)
Warner Bros. [us]
- [Media] - "Mad Max: Fury Road" TV Spot Explosion (From OhMyGore. 18 January 2038, 8:14 PM, PST)
- Win An Amazing ‘Interstellar’ Goody Bag – Own it on Limited Edition 2-Disc Blu-ray™Digibook, Blu-ray™ and DVD on March 30 (From The Hollywood News. 28 March 2015, 3:30 AM, PDT)
- First Dates: NBC Orders New Docu-Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 27 March 2015, 5:49 PM, PDT)
- Every Movie Leonardo DiCaprio Has Died In (From Cinema Blend. 26 March 2015, 4:31 PM, PDT)
- Macross Cynicism Pause | Sony Pushes for Robotech Movie (From Boomtron. 26 March 2015, 2:05 PM, PDT)
- All3Media Nears Deal to Buy ‘Spectre’ Director Sam Mendes’ Production Company (Report) (From Variety - Film News. 26 March 2015, 1:43 PM, PDT)