Moviegoers will have plenty to unwrap in theaters Christmas Day, with a hefty eight films opening, including Martin Scorsese’s latest “The Wolf of Wall Street”, Ben Stiller’s “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” and the Keanu Reeves samurai tentpole “47 Ronin.” But auds still are likely to crown Warner Bros.’ third-frame holdover “The Hobbit” as the B.O. champ, with a projected five-day gross at north of $40 million.
“Wolf of Wall Street,” which Paramount is releasing at more than 2,500 Stateside locations, looks to have the edge among the new entries, tracking in the mid-$20 millions Friday-Sunday. Par expects the film to gross somewhere in the $30 million range in five days, with opening day expectations at around $7 million.
Meanwhile, Fox’s “Walter Mitty” and Warner Bros.’ older-skewing “Grudge Match,” starring Robert De Niro and Sylvester Stallone, are projected to land in the high-teens in three days. Both look to eclipse »
- Andrew Stewart
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- Kate Gosselin Reacts to Justin Bieber VMAs Hairstyle Comparisons—See a Photo and Find Out What She Said! (From E! Online. 2 September 2015, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Lena Dunham Mocks Any Notion That She Has a Problem With Justin Bieber (From TVovermind.com. 2 September 2015, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- Lena Dunham -- Nodding Head No, Really Means Yes Over Justin Bieber Song (From TMZ. 2 September 2015, 6:55 AM, PDT)
Warner Bros. [us]
- Paramount Dates ‘Jack Reacher 2’ For October 2016 (From Deadline. 2 September 2015, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- ‘Black Mass’ Tops TV Ad Spending Charts (From Variety - Film News. 2 September 2015, 8:11 AM, PDT)
- Overlooked Summer Gems of 2015 (From Flickeringmyth. 2 September 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- ‘Star Wars’ Won’t Be the Only Force at Holiday Box Office (From Variety - Film News. 1 September 2015, 3:46 PM, PDT)
- Martin Scorsese's Venice Film Festival Short Cancelled (From Thompson on Hollywood. 31 August 2015, 9:56 AM, PDT)
- 'Concussion' Trailer Has Will Smith Tackling NFL Head Injuries (From MovieWeb. 31 August 2015, 7:49 AM, PDT)