The blaster used by Harrison Ford as Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi sold at auction this past Saturday, with the winning bidder taking home the coveted prop for only $200,000.
This screen used blaster was sold through auction house Profiles in History, which had the prop listed as 'invaluable', meaning no price could be put on such a rich piece of cinematic history (that obviously wasn't the case). The Dl-44 Blaster is modeled after the World War II German Mauser C96 semi-automatic pistol without its shoulder stock. This particular laser pistol replaced the one used in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope. It is not known where the screen used A New Hope pistol is, but many believe it was lost after production.
The winning bidder has not come forward at this time. »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Channing Tatum, Adam Driver And Daniel Craig Go Full Speed Ahead In ‘Logan Lucky’ Trailer (From ET Canada. 28 May 2017, 5:16 PM, PDT)
- Why Star Wars: The Phantom Menace was Better Than you Think (From TVovermind.com. 28 May 2017, 4:00 PM, PDT)
- The Skywalker Twins May Reunite In Star Wars: The Last Jedi (From We Got This Covered. 28 May 2017, 2:20 PM, PDT)
Harrison Ford (I)
- Harrison Ford Aborts Takeoff Multiple Times Due to Mechanical Issues (Video + Photo) (From TMZ. 27 May 2017, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- ‘Star Wars’ 40th Anniversary: Cast Then and Now (Photos) (From Variety - Film News. 25 May 2017, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- May the 40th Be With You: 25 Stellar Facts to Celebrate 40 Years of Star Wars (From Cineplex. 25 May 2017, 7:30 AM, PDT)
George Lucas (I)
- John Williams Receives an A Cappella Tribute at Harvard — Watch (From Indiewire. 28 May 2017, 10:04 AM, PDT)
- Here’s Why Luke Skywalker’s Lightsaber Is Green And Not Blue In Return Of The Jedi (From We Got This Covered. 26 May 2017, 7:13 PM, PDT)
- Insane Star Wars Mixtape Video Celebrates 40 Years of Weirdness (From MovieWeb. 26 May 2017, 12:33 PM, PDT)