The blaster used by Harrison Ford as Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi sold at auction this past Saturday, with the winning bidder taking home the coveted prop for only $200,000.
This screen used blaster was sold through auction house Profiles in History, which had the prop listed as 'invaluable', meaning no price could be put on such a rich piece of cinematic history (that obviously wasn't the case). The Dl-44 Blaster is modeled after the World War II German Mauser C96 semi-automatic pistol without its shoulder stock. This particular laser pistol replaced the one used in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope. It is not known where the screen used A New Hope pistol is, but many believe it was lost after production.
The winning bidder has not come forward at this time. »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- 50 Best Comic Book Movie Adaptations (From SoundOnSight. 1 September 2015, 7:49 PM, PDT)
- Spielberg's Ready Player One 'Art3mis' Shortlist Revealed; Nick Robinson Eyed For 'Parzival' (From ComicBookMovie. 1 September 2015, 7:45 PM, PDT)
- Ready Player One Female Shortlist Revealed (From We Got This Covered. 1 September 2015, 6:51 PM, PDT)
Harrison Ford (I)
- ‘Star Wars’ Won’t Be the Only Force at Holiday Box Office (From Variety - Film News. 1 September 2015, 3:46 PM, PDT)
- J.J. Abrams Wasn't Sure Harrison Ford Could Play Han Solo Anymore (From Cinema Blend. 1 September 2015, 12:03 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens expected to shift $5 billion of merchandise in first year (From Flickeringmyth. 31 August 2015, 2:50 PM, PDT)
George Lucas (I)
- 50 Greatest Comic Book Movie Adaptations (From SoundOnSight. 1 September 2015, 7:40 PM, PDT)
- 50 Greatest Comic Book Movie Adaptations (From SoundOnSight. 1 September 2015, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- Collecting Gems: Star Wars The Expanded Universe (From Cinelinx. 1 September 2015, 1:07 PM, PDT)