The blaster used by Harrison Ford as Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi sold at auction this past Saturday, with the winning bidder taking home the coveted prop for only $200,000.
This screen used blaster was sold through auction house Profiles in History, which had the prop listed as 'invaluable', meaning no price could be put on such a rich piece of cinematic history (that obviously wasn't the case). The Dl-44 Blaster is modeled after the World War II German Mauser C96 semi-automatic pistol without its shoulder stock. This particular laser pistol replaced the one used in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope. It is not known where the screen used A New Hope pistol is, but many believe it was lost after production.
The winning bidder has not come forward at this time. »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Star Wars Rumor is News to Moffat, Confirms Involvement in Doctor Who Through Season 9 (From Cinelinx. 10 July 2014, 6:46 AM, PDT)
- In Conversation with cinematographer and director Santosh Sivan (From Bollyspice. 10 July 2014, 6:07 AM, PDT)
- Why 'Apes' Director Matt Reeves Needs to Direct a 'Star Wars' Movie (From Movies.com. 10 July 2014)
Harrison Ford (I)
- New poster and World Cup TV spot for The Expendables 3 (From Flickeringmyth. 10 July 2014, 1:02 AM, PDT)
- Expendables 3: World's most dangerous team aren't in Brazil - video (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 9 July 2014, 4:44 PM, PDT)
- New Expendables 3 Heroes TV Spot,Movie Clip Released With New Action Scenes (From OnTheFlix. 9 July 2014, 2:52 PM, PDT)
George Lucas (I)
- The Steven Moffat/Star Wars Fanboy Dream is Not Going to Happen (From HeyUGuys. 10 July 2014, 3:47 AM, PDT)
- Steven Moffat Star Wars rumour false (From Den of Geek. 9 July 2014, 10:40 PM, PDT)
- Christopher Nolan Wants to Tell You About the Future of Movies (From Thompson on Hollywood. 9 July 2014, 8:45 AM, PDT)