The blaster used by Harrison Ford as Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi sold at auction this past Saturday, with the winning bidder taking home the coveted prop for only $200,000.
This screen used blaster was sold through auction house Profiles in History, which had the prop listed as 'invaluable', meaning no price could be put on such a rich piece of cinematic history (that obviously wasn't the case). The Dl-44 Blaster is modeled after the World War II German Mauser C96 semi-automatic pistol without its shoulder stock. This particular laser pistol replaced the one used in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope. It is not known where the screen used A New Hope pistol is, but many believe it was lost after production.
The winning bidder has not come forward at this time. »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Interview: Director Noah Baumbach on Timing in ‘While We’re Young’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 31 March 2015, 10:32 PM, PDT)
- Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice trailer news (From Den of Geek. 31 March 2015, 9:57 PM, PDT)
- First Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Trailer Attached To Mad Max: Fury Road (From We Got This Covered. 31 March 2015, 8:44 PM, PDT)
Harrison Ford (I)
- 'Living in the Age of Airplanes' Trailer Narrated by Harrison Ford (From MovieWeb. 31 March 2015, 7:15 PM, PDT)
- New 'Star Wars 7' Trailer Coming with 'Avengers 2'? (From MovieWeb. 31 March 2015, 9:59 AM, PDT)
- Star Wars Celebration to premiere new Force Awakens trailer (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 31 March 2015, 1:54 AM, PDT)
George Lucas (I)
- "Getting Straight" 45Th Anniversary Screening, April 15, L.A.: Elliott Gould And Richard Rush In Person! (From CinemaRetro. 31 March 2015, 3:40 PM, PDT)
- Exclusive: Todd Lincoln talks V/H/S: Viral’s Gorgeous Vortex (From DailyDead. 30 March 2015, 3:39 PM, PDT)
- Tribeca Film Institute Announces Participants for 4th Annual 'Tfi Interactive' (From Indiewire. 30 March 2015, 7:47 AM, PDT)