The blaster used by Harrison Ford as Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi sold at auction this past Saturday, with the winning bidder taking home the coveted prop for only $200,000.
This screen used blaster was sold through auction house Profiles in History, which had the prop listed as 'invaluable', meaning no price could be put on such a rich piece of cinematic history (that obviously wasn't the case). The Dl-44 Blaster is modeled after the World War II German Mauser C96 semi-automatic pistol without its shoulder stock. This particular laser pistol replaced the one used in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope. It is not known where the screen used A New Hope pistol is, but many believe it was lost after production.
The winning bidder has not come forward at this time. »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)
- Blair Witch: Returning to a seminal horror franchise (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2016, 3:05 PM, PDT)
- Rumor Busted: Han Solo Will Not Appear in 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' (From Movies.com. 28 July 2016, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Batman v Superman’ Shoots to Top of Disc Charts (From Variety - Film News. 28 July 2016, 2:09 PM, PDT)
Harrison Ford (I)
- ‘Stand by Me’ Oral History: Rob Reiner and Cast on River Phoenix and How Coming-of-Age Classic Almost Didn’t Happen (From Variety - Film News. 28 July 2016, 12:05 PM, PDT)
- Harrison Ford Could Have Died In ‘Star Wars’ Set Accident (From Uinterview. 27 July 2016, 6:13 PM, PDT)
- Star Wars Bits: The Final Ruling on Harrison Ford’s On-Set Injury, New ‘Aftermath’ Details, and Some Jaw-Dropping Cosplay (From Slash Film. 27 July 2016, 4:00 PM, PDT)
George Lucas (I)
- I Have a Bad Feeling About This: Kurosawa’s Hidden Fortress Is Getting a Star Wars-y Fan Edit (From CriterionCast. 28 July 2016, 10:45 AM, PDT)
- Films of 1986; Aliens Hits The 30 Year Mark (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 July 2016, 8:43 AM, PDT)
- Gary Gygax Estate Partners With ‘Transformers’ Producer Tom DeSanto (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 27 July 2016, 7:52 AM, PDT)