At the time of that movie's release Stiller was a notable presence on the small screen, but he'd also directed two movies - Reality Bites and the Jim Carrey vehicle The Cable Guy. Mary's success turned Stiller into a bona fide comedy leading man, and roles in big budget fare such as Meet the Parents, Dodgeball and Night at the Museum followed.
Of course Stiller has still found time to make films - who could forget Zoolander and Tropic Thunder? - but his output of five films in the space of a 20-year directing career could have been significantly higher had it not been for the Farrellys' 1998 comedy classic.
Similar News ItemsTom Cruise
- Tom Cruise And Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation No. 1 At The Box Office With $56 Million (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 2 August 2015, 2:01 PM, PDT)
- 'Mission: Impossible 5' Takes Top Box Office Spot with $56M (From MovieWeb. 2 August 2015, 1:50 PM, PDT)
- 5 Reasons Tom Cruise’s ‘Mission Impossible’ Went Rogue (From The Wrap. 2 August 2015, 1:25 PM, PDT)
- Tom Cruise: A Retrospective (From SoundOnSight. 1 August 2015, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- Hillary Clinton’s Super Pac Gets $1 Million Checks From Steven Spielberg, Jeffrey Katzenberg, Haim and Cheryl Saban (From The Wrap. 31 July 2015, 3:48 PM, PDT)
- Cruise Classic: Mission Impossible (From The Hollywood News. 31 July 2015, 5:28 AM, PDT)
Robert Downey Jr.
- 5 Reasons Why Superman Should Beat Batman in Dawn of Justice (From Cinelinx. 2 August 2015, 7:18 AM, PDT)
- Hot Toys unveils Hulkbuster collectible figurine from Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Flickeringmyth. 2 August 2015, 7:18 AM, PDT)
- The Stars of "Weird Science" -- See What They Look Like 30 Years Later! (From TooFab. 2 August 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)