Two new productions about social media are headed our way as stories about both Facebook and Twitter are being adapted for the screen. Ineffable Pictures is making Fakebook, a film about the adventures of one ambitious Facebook user. Meanwhile, Lionsgate TV is bringing on Nick Bilton to adapt his book Hatching Twitter: A True Story of Money, Power, Friendship, and Betrayal for the small screen.
First, Fakebook. And yes, I’m sorry to break the news to all you Arrested Development fans, but that says Fakebook not Fakeblock, like my overly-optimistic mind first read. Still, while it won’t be as great as a feature film about George Michael developing apps, this Fakebook story does have potential.
The film will be based on Dave Cicirelli’s memoir Fakebook: A True Story Based on Actual Lies. It chronicles one man’s efforts at reinventing his life, or at least his online presence. »
- Alexander Lowe
Similar News ItemsThe Social Network (2010)
- Kristen Johnston Joins CBS Workplace Comedy 'Real Life' (From hollywoodreporter_tv. 22 March 2017, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- Kristen Johnston Joins CBS Workplace Comedy 'Real Life' (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 22 March 2017, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- World War Z 2 Producer Still Holding Out Hope For David Fincher (From We Got This Covered. 21 March 2017, 11:12 AM, PDT)
"Arrested Development" (2003)
- Exclusive Interview: Judy Greer Talks Wilson And War For The Planet Of The Apes (From We Got This Covered. 24 March 2017, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- Cancelled or Renewed? Status of Cable & Streaming TV Shows (A-d) (From TVSeriesFinale. 23 March 2017, 11:13 AM, PDT)
- The Russo Brothers Line Up New Sci-Fi Movie With The Daniels (From We Got This Covered. 23 March 2017, 4:41 AM, PDT)
- Magnolia swoops on 'Person To Person' (From ScreenDaily. 24 March 2017, 3:40 PM, PDT)
- Magnolia Picks Up Michael Cera, Abbi Jacobson Comedy ‘Person to Person’ (From The Wrap. 24 March 2017, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Magnolia Pictures Acquires Dustin Guy Defa’s ‘Person To Person’ (From Deadline. 24 March 2017, 11:20 AM, PDT)