The dramatic story of how Twitter came to be may be arriving on your small screen soon.
Lionsgate announced today that it has optioned the rights to Nick Bilton’s “Hatching Twitter: A True Story of Money, Power, Friendship and Betrayal.” Allison Shearmur will exec produce the TV project, with New York Times columnist and reporter Bilton serving as scribe and producer.
“Twitter has transformed almost every aspect of our lives from politics to business to friendship, and I can’t think of a more compelling story to adapt for television right now,” said Beggs. “Nick’s book has all the elements of a great drama with its complex characters, high-stakes power struggles and betrayed friendships, and we’re extremely fortunate to have Alli Shearmur onboard as executive producer.”
Nonfiction book “Hatching Twitter” was released on Nov. 5 and has become a New York Times Best Seller. Twitter, however, won’t »
- AJ Marechal
Similar News ItemsThe Social Network (2010)
- 'The Crow' remake "suspended" (From ScreenDaily. 31 July 2015, 2:31 AM, PDT)
- Relativity Media Files Bankruptcy; Film and TV Units for Sale (From Variety - Film News. 30 July 2015, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- Win Passes To The Advance Screening Of The Man From U.N.C.L.E. In St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 30 July 2015, 6:18 AM, PDT)
- Tom Cruise’s Ten Best Performances (From Hollywoodnews.com. 30 July 2015, 12:39 PM, PDT)
- PS4's surprise success swells Sony profits despite movie arm hitting the skids (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 30 July 2015, 2:24 AM, PDT)
- “Steve Jobs” takes the Centerpiece slot at the New York Film Festival this year (From Hollywoodnews.com. 29 July 2015, 12:39 PM, PDT)
- ‘Shaun the Sheep’ Premiere Is a Sheer Delight (From Variety - Film News. 2 August 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Naruto Movie Gathering Steam At Lionsgate (From We Got This Covered. 31 July 2015, 12:40 PM, PDT)
- Lionsgate Ramping Up ‘Naruto’ Movie with Michael Gracey (From Variety - Film News. 31 July 2015, 12:09 PM, PDT)