Rome – Italy’s Leone Film Group, the company originally founded by spaghetti western master Sergio Leone, made a positive debut on the Milan stock market Wednesday with an Ipo geared towards becoming a bigger distributor of high-profile Hollywood product in Italy, nearly one year after inking an Italo output deal with DreamWorks.
Now headed by Leone’s children, Andrea and Raffaella, Leone Films bowed on Milan’s small-cap Aim market about two points above its target price, with shares selling just under 5 Euros ($6.87) each.
The Leone heirs are selling a 25% stake in the Rome-based company. They have already raised Euros 16.3 million ($22 million), roughly 70% from Italian investors and 30% from international ones, according to Leone.
Lfg had Euros 6.7 million ($9.2 million) in revenue in 2012.
Now the main goal is to become a “bigger bridgehead between Italy and Hollywood, both as distributors and co-producers,” Leone told Variety.
Leone Film Group’s recently released titles »
- Nick Vivarelli
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- 'Doctor Strange' Short List Down to Three Directors (From MovieWeb. 11 March 2014, 3:43 PM, PDT)
- Blu-ray Review - The Stuff (1985) (From Flickeringmyth. 11 March 2014, 2:10 PM, PDT)
- "Devil's Knot" Trailer Examines the West Memphis Three Case (From TooFab. 11 March 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- Emma Watson introduces a new trailer for Darren Aronofsky's Noah (From Flickeringmyth. 12 March 2014, 2:17 AM, PDT)
- Emma Watson Introduces Final "Noah" Trailer (From Dark Horizons. 11 March 2014, 9:46 PM, PDT)
- ‘Noah’ Trailer with Emma Watson Intro; Early Critic Reactions (From Screen Rant. 11 March 2014, 2:38 PM, PDT)
- Olivia Wilde to star in Martin Scorsese, Mick Jagger's rock 'n' roll drama (From RealBollywood. 12 March 2014, 12:41 AM, PDT)
- Olivia Wilde Cast in Martin Scorsese's HBO Rock and Roll Drama (From Vulture. 11 March 2014, 8:55 PM, PDT)
- Olivia Wilde joins HBO pilot from Martin Scorsese and Mick Jagger (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 11 March 2014, 7:45 PM, PDT)