Interview Ryan Lambie 18 Dec 2013 - 06:52
The Desolation Of Smaug introduces Luke Evans' character, Bard the Bowman. We find out his thoughts on The Hobbit, acting, 48fps and more...
Since the start of his big-screen career three or four years ago, Welsh actor Luke Evans has played a variety of characters, often united by their colourful period costumes. He tore through ancient Greece in a shining suit of armour as Apollo in Clash Of The Titans. He wore a jaunty hat and a dapper velvet jacket as Aramis in The Three Musketeers. He donned a fetching gold cloak and precious little else in Tarsem Singh's madly embellished Immortals.
His odyssey through the costumes of Hollywood myth and fantasy continues with The Desolation Of Smaug, where he takes on the role of Bard the Bowman. His garb may be more sensible and less revealing than some of his earlier parts, »
Similar News ItemsPeter Jackson (I)
- Former A-Film exec reveals struggles at Benelux distributor (From ScreenDaily. 5 October 2015, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Kate Winslet's 8 Best Performances (From Indiewire. 5 October 2015, 9:02 AM, PDT)
- Lord Of The Rings: Nicolas Cage turned down role of Aragorn (From Den of Geek. 4 October 2015, 10:30 PM, PDT)
Martin Freeman (II)
- Martin Freeman leads an all-star cast in BBC One's Christmas animation Stick Man (From Digital Spy - TV news. 6 October 2015, 3:46 AM, PDT)
- 23rd Raindance Film Festival: Winners Announced (From Flickeringmyth. 3 October 2015, 11:30 PM, PDT)
- Kevin Feige says Captain America: Civil War is “Cap’s story” (From Flickeringmyth. 1 October 2015, 7:47 AM, PDT)
Clash of the Titans (2010)
- Furious 8 director could be Straight Outta Compton’s F. Gary Gray (From The Hollywood News. 6 October 2015, 12:09 AM, PDT)
- Louis Leterrier And More Up For Fast & Furious 8 Directing Job (From EmpireOnline. 5 October 2015, 4:53 PM, PDT)
- Ray Harryhausen: Master of Illusion (From SoundOnSight. 5 October 2015, 3:44 PM, PDT)