Director Abdellatif Kechiche wins award for second time in his career.
The Delluc prize for best first film went to Hélier Cisterne’s Vandal about a bunch of teenage taggers in the eastern French city of Strasbourg. The picture, sold internationally by Paris-based Films Distribution, was co-written by Suzanne director Katell Quillévéré.
Kechiche’s Palme d’Or-winning tale of lesbian love Adèle: Chapter 1 & 2, also known as Blue is the Warmest Colour, has picked up a slew of awards since premiering at the Cannes Film Festival in May.
Producers Wild Bunch did not put it forward for the Oscars but the title is nominated at the Golden Globes in the foreign language category.
It is the second time Kechiche has won the Delluc award, having previously picked up the prize with this 2007 picture [link=tt »
Similar News ItemsBlue Is the Warmest Color (2013)
- Channing Tatum isn't quitting the Gambit movie after all as he closes deal to star in X-Men spinoff (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 1 August 2015, 11:29 AM, PDT)
- Five "Must-See" Movies for August 2015 (From Rope Of Silicon. 31 July 2015, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Exes Charlize Theron & Sean Penn Reunite for South African Re-Shoots—See the Pics (From E! Online. 30 July 2015, 6:09 PM, PDT)
Wild Bunch [fr]
- Julie Delpy's 'Lolo' to premiere at Venice Days (From ScreenDaily. 3 August 2015, 6:47 AM, PDT)
- Venice Days Adds Julie Delpy-Directed ‘Lolo’ Starring Herself And Dany Boon To Lineup (From Variety - Film News. 3 August 2015, 4:44 AM, PDT)
- Tobis Film to return to production (From ScreenDaily. 22 July 2015, 6:05 AM, PDT)
- 2015 Venice Film Festival: Guadagnino, Sokurov, Kaufman, Bellocchio & Fukunaga Compete for Golden Lion (From ioncinema. 29 July 2015, 4:35 PM, PDT)
- Peter Mullan To Be Feted By Venice Film Festival Critics’ Week (From Variety - Film News. 7 July 2015, 6:23 AM, PDT)
- A Cannes Opener: 2016 Cannes Film Festival Predictions (From ioncinema. 29 June 2015, 9:30 AM, PDT)