Director Abdellatif Kechiche wins award for second time in his career.
The Delluc prize for best first film went to Hélier Cisterne’s Vandal about a bunch of teenage taggers in the eastern French city of Strasbourg. The picture, sold internationally by Paris-based Films Distribution, was co-written by Suzanne director Katell Quillévéré.
Kechiche’s Palme d’Or-winning tale of lesbian love Adèle: Chapter 1 & 2, also known as Blue is the Warmest Colour, has picked up a slew of awards since premiering at the Cannes Film Festival in May.
Producers Wild Bunch did not put it forward for the Oscars but the title is nominated at the Golden Globes in the foreign language category.
It is the second time Kechiche has won the Delluc award, having previously picked up the prize with this 2007 picture [link=tt »
Similar News ItemsBlue Is the Warmest Color (2013)
- Daniel Craig says he will only play 007 again “for the money” (From Flickeringmyth. 7 October 2015, 6:49 PM, PDT)
- How Alcohol Almost Ruined Lea Seydoux's Spectre Audition (From Cinema Blend. 4 October 2015, 6:06 PM, PDT)
- Busan: European Films Find Home in Asia (From Variety - Film News. 3 October 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
Wild Bunch [fr]
- Raindance: Mexico’s Jorge Michel Grau Readies ‘7:19’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 1 October 2015, 11:32 PM, PDT)
- Film London reveals Micro Market projects, financiers (From ScreenDaily. 1 October 2015, 9:08 AM, PDT)
- UK deals for 'The Daughter', 'Ma Ma', 'Bang Gang', Nwa doc (From ScreenDaily. 29 September 2015, 1:08 AM, PDT)
- Strange Case of Serge Bozon: Huppert, Depardieu & Duris Join “Madame Hyde” (From ioncinema. 30 September 2015, 11:35 AM, PDT)
- 50 Greatest Comic Book Movie Adaptations (From SoundOnSight. 1 September 2015, 7:40 PM, PDT)
- Locarno: French Thesp Hafsia Herzi Stars in ‘Love’ (From Variety - Film News. 11 August 2015, 12:06 PM, PDT)