The project, which has been in development since 2011, centers on the ship being sunk the South Pacific in July 1945 after delivering critical parts for the first atomic bomb. Of 1,196 crewmen aboard, approximately 300 went down with the ship, while the rest faced exposure, dehydration, saltwater poisoning, and shark attacks as they waited for assistance. Only 317 sailors survived.
The original script was written by Hannibal’s Cam Cannon and Richard Rionda Del Castro. Producing are Richard Rionda Del Castro and Michael Mendelsohn. Exec producers are Patricia Eberle, Hayley Magouirk Arabia, Cam Cannon and Timothy Patrick Cavanaugh.
The film is financed by Patriot Pictures.
“Ultimately this is the tale of ordinary servicemen on opposite sides of the conflict who find themselves trapped in the extraordinary circumstances that war can thrust upon us, »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsNicolas Cage
- The Complete Works Ep. 47: Nicolas Cage – The Wicker Man (2006) (From Film-Book. 22 October 2017, 9:14 AM, PDT)
- Nicolas Cage Fighting Japanese Corn Snack With His Name and Picture (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 20 October 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Tim Burton’s Superman Lives Was Almost Revived, And Here’s How (From We Got This Covered. 19 October 2017, 8:59 AM, PDT)
Rachel Nichols (I)
- Five Things You Didn’t Know About Taylor Rooks (From TVovermind.com. 29 September 2017, 6:00 PM, PDT)
- Frightfest 2017: ‘Inside’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 26 August 2017, 5:01 AM, PDT)
- Ant-Man and the Wasp Gets Odd Mom Out Star in Major Role (From MovieWeb. 24 August 2017, 1:11 PM, PDT)
Susan Downey (I)
- At&T Audience Network Renews Mr. Mercedes for a Second Season (From DailyDead. 10 October 2017, 1:59 PM, PDT)
- Downey Jr. Courts "Perry Mason" (From SneakPeek. 26 August 2017, 12:04 PM, PDT)
- Star Sightings: Drake Parties in His Hometown, Katy Perry and Robert Pattinson Dine With Pals and More! (From Entertainment Tonight. 9 August 2017, 12:25 PM, PDT)