Robert Boocheck’s M Is For Masticate has won Magnet Releasing’s ABCs Of Death 2’s ‘Search for the 26th Director’.
The film, produced by Ant Timpson and Tim League, is an anthology by well-known horror directors of 26 alphabet-themed ways to die. The final entry, the letter M, was selected via a competition inviting international filmmakers to submit their own M-themed deaths.
ABCs Of Death 2 is a sequel to ABCs of Death, which held a similar competition to find the T entry.
Boocheck, a Los Angeles-based music promo and commercials director, was chosen from 541 entries from 40 countries and picked up a $5,000 cash prize.
M Is For Masticate will become ABCs of Death 2’s official M segment.
“Its clever mix of comedy and splatter, capped off with a hilarious punchline, embodies everything the ABCs Of Death is about, and will make a wonderful addition to our anthology,” said associate producer and competition organiser Ted Geoghegan.
- email@example.com (Louise Tutt)
Similar News ItemsTed Geoghegan
- [Interview] Ted Geoghegan Talks Bucking Trends While Honoring His Influences for ‘We Are Still Here’ (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 12 May 2015, 9:26 AM, PDT)
- Festival Hit We Are Still Here Hitting Theaters/VOD This June!! (From Icons of Fright. 11 May 2015, 2:22 PM, PDT)
- 'We Are Still Here' lands in theaters and on VOD in June (From MoreHorror. 8 May 2015, 7:24 PM, PDT)
- NXpress #7: ‘Splatoon’ review and our debate on the best Megaman game (From SoundOnSight. 13 May 2015, 10:07 PM, PDT)
- France’s Celine Sciamma Set For Next (From Variety - Film News. 7 May 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- New American Psycho Poster from Grey Matter Art (From DailyDead. 6 May 2015, 12:08 PM, PDT)
Alamo Drafthouse [us]
- The Head of RADiUS-twc Explains How The Crazy 'It Follows' Release Plan Actually Went Down (From Movies.com. 11 May 2015, 7:40 PM, PDT)
- CinemaCon Shows Moviegoing Is Getting Luxurious for Whole Family (From Variety - Film News. 17 April 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- SXSW Film Review: ‘Raiders!’ (From Variety - Film News. 14 March 2015, 11:30 PM, PDT)