Robert Boocheck’s M Is For Masticate has won Magnet Releasing’s ABCs Of Death 2’s ‘Search for the 26th Director’.
The film, produced by Ant Timpson and Tim League, is an anthology by well-known horror directors of 26 alphabet-themed ways to die. The final entry, the letter M, was selected via a competition inviting international filmmakers to submit their own M-themed deaths.
ABCs Of Death 2 is a sequel to ABCs of Death, which held a similar competition to find the T entry.
Boocheck, a Los Angeles-based music promo and commercials director, was chosen from 541 entries from 40 countries and picked up a $5,000 cash prize.
M Is For Masticate will become ABCs of Death 2’s official M segment.
“Its clever mix of comedy and splatter, capped off with a hilarious punchline, embodies everything the ABCs Of Death is about, and will make a wonderful addition to our anthology,” said associate producer and competition organiser Ted Geoghegan.
- email@example.com (Louise Tutt)
Similar News ItemsTim League
- This is How Smalltime Filmmakers Go Big (From FilmSchoolRejects. 24 April 2017, 11:03 AM, PDT)
- Hulu, Neon strike output deal (From ScreenDaily. 21 April 2017, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Risk’: Laura Poitras Yanks Screenings For Last-Minute Edits Following New Julian Assange Developments (From Indiewire. 21 April 2017, 11:01 AM, PDT)
- Interview: ‘The Endless’ and Brotherly Love and the Power of Fear (From FilmSchoolRejects. 22 April 2017, 9:39 AM, PDT)
- My Heart Belongs On A Trash Cinema Menu (From FilmSchoolRejects. 21 April 2017, 2:51 PM, PDT)
- Naked In The Mediterranean Sea (From FilmSchoolRejects. 23 March 2017, 5:52 AM, PDT)
Alamo Drafthouse [us]
- Hulu Inks Output Deal With Indie Distributor Neon (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 21 April 2017, 12:17 PM, PDT)
- Neon Strikes Streaming Deal With Hulu (From The Wrap. 21 April 2017, 10:41 AM, PDT)
- Trump Protest Screenings of ‘1984’: Here’s What Audiences Had to Say After One Packed Screening (From Indiewire. 6 April 2017, 9:28 AM, PDT)