Robert Boocheck’s M Is For Masticate has won Magnet Releasing’s ABCs Of Death 2’s ‘Search for the 26th Director’.
The film, produced by Ant Timpson and Tim League, is an anthology by well-known horror directors of 26 alphabet-themed ways to die. The final entry, the letter M, was selected via a competition inviting international filmmakers to submit their own M-themed deaths.
ABCs Of Death 2 is a sequel to ABCs of Death, which held a similar competition to find the T entry.
Boocheck, a Los Angeles-based music promo and commercials director, was chosen from 541 entries from 40 countries and picked up a $5,000 cash prize.
M Is For Masticate will become ABCs of Death 2’s official M segment.
“Its clever mix of comedy and splatter, capped off with a hilarious punchline, embodies everything the ABCs Of Death is about, and will make a wonderful addition to our anthology,” said associate producer and competition organiser Ted Geoghegan.
- email@example.com (Louise Tutt)
Similar News ItemsTed Geoghegan
- The ABCs of Death 2 Trailer - Now in New Green Band Flavor! (From Dread Central. 4 September 2014, 11:27 AM, PDT)
- The ABCs of Death 2 Gets an Insane Red Band Trailer (From Dread Central. 2 September 2014, 11:16 AM, PDT)
- Fantasia draws record numbers (From ScreenDaily. 10 August 2014, 2:56 PM, PDT)
- Fantastic Fest: Drafthouse & FilmBuff Acquire Sci-Fi Horror Romance ‘Spring’ (From Deadline New York. 22 September 2014, 10:02 AM, PDT)
- Fun At Fantastic Fest (From Leonard Maltin's Movie Crazy. 22 September 2014, 7:38 AM, PDT)
- Fantastic Fest 2014: Photos From The Fantastic Debates (From Twitch. 21 September 2014, 6:47 PM, PDT)
Alamo Drafthouse [us]
- Fantastic Fest: The 5 Best Segments of 'The ABCs of Death 2' (From The Playlist. 23 September 2014, 8:05 AM, PDT)
- Fantastic Fest 2014: Fantastic Debates (From Slackerwood. 23 September 2014, 7:30 AM, PDT)
- Babadook, Alleluia triumph at Fantastic Fest (From ScreenDaily. 22 September 2014, 12:15 PM, PDT)