Update: According to reports, Shia Labeouf also plagiarized his apology.
HowardCantour.com wasn’t exactly a new thing. The Shia Labeouf-directed short premiered at the Cannes Film Festival Critic’s Week sidebar in 2012, and, despite some acclaim, little was made of his portrait of an online film critic.
But the film was made available online Monday, and things started to spiral out of control quickly when bloggers noticed that Labeouf’s short film bore a striking resemblance to author Daniel Clowes’ comic Justin M. Damiano. Soon after, articles started dissecting the similarities and direct references to Clowes’ text without any attribution, »
- Lindsey Bahr
Similar News ItemsShia LaBeouf
- Shia Labeouf Sued for 'Racist' Bowling Alley Bar Rant (Video) (From TMZ. 26 May 2017, 6:36 PM, PDT)
- ‘LoveTrue’: Alma Har’el’s Genre-Bending Documentary Examines a Weirdly Fated Love Story — Watch (From Indiewire. 23 May 2017, 10:51 AM, PDT)
- Anyone for Tennis? Borg/McEnroe Trailer arrives with a sombre approach (From HeyUGuys. 22 May 2017, 2:59 AM, PDT)
- Ghost World (From Trailers from Hell. 26 May 2017, 4:56 PM, PDT)
- Daniel Clowes’ Wilson Comes to DVD in June (From Comicmix. 9 May 2017, 10:44 AM, PDT)
- Woody Harrelson webchat – your questions answered on Cheers, Trump and quitting dope (From The Guardian - TV News. 1 May 2017, 6:10 AM, PDT)