Hirokazu Kore-eda’s Like Father, Like Son won best film and best director at the 56th Asia Pacific Film Festival (Apff), which wrapped in Macau on Sunday night (Dec 15).
India’s The Lunchbox, written and directed by Ritesh Batra, continued its awards run by scooping three prizes – best screenplay, best supporting actor for Nawazuddin Siddiqui and an outstanding achievement award for Irrfan Khan.
Zhang Ziyi won best actress for The Grandmaster, while best actor went to Lee Kang-sheng for Stray Dogs, which also won best sound (Tu Duu-chih, Kuo Li-chi). The Grandmaster also picked up best cinematography (Philippe Le Sourd).
- email@example.com (Liz Shackleton)
Similar News ItemsIrrfan Khan
- First Official Look at Jurassic World Lego Set (From Collider.com. 21 December 2014, 8:47 PM, PST)
- Promo image for Lego Jurassic World playsets (From Flickeringmyth. 21 December 2014, 9:15 AM, PST)
- Deepika and Irrfan Shoot for Piku in Varanasi (From Bollyspice. 21 December 2014, 6:17 AM, PST)
- Film Feature: The 10 Best Films of 2014, By Patrick McDonald (From HollywoodChicago.com. 22 December 2014, 1:07 PM, PST)
- 'Grand Budapest Hotel' named year's best by Southeastern Film Critics Association (From Hitfix. 22 December 2014, 12:29 PM, PST)
- Obsessed with Pop Culture: Best of the Week (From SoundOnSight. 21 December 2014, 1:57 PM, PST)
- Court wins at Singapore film festival (From ScreenDaily. 14 December 2014, 2:33 AM, PST)
- The Grandmaster review: Martial artistry lacking coherency (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 7 December 2014, 6:18 PM, PST)
- Film Review: ‘The Crossing: Part 1’ (From Variety - Film News. 4 December 2014, 3:34 PM, PST)