Though her examination of the Hollywood Hills burglaries, The Bling Ring, was a major disappointment in terms of its inability to explore the motivations of its subjects, director Sofia Coppola is still an undeniably interesting and talented filmmaker – her films Lost in Translation and Somewhere are considered modern classics for a reason. Now, Coppola is gearing up for her next project, working on the script for an adaptation of Alysia Abbott’s Fairyland: A Memoir Of My Father.
American Zoetrope Productions, which is owned by Coppola’s father, Francis Ford Coppola, has snagged the rights to Fairyland and set Coppola to co-write the screenplay with Andrew Durham. The pair previously worked together on Coppola’s short film debut, Lick the Star.
Fairyland focuses on the relationship between a daughter and her »
- Isaac Feldberg
Similar News ItemsWes Anderson (I)
- Legion Review: An Exhilarating Delight, Even if You Don't Like Comic Books (From TVLine.com. 17 January 2017, 5:08 PM, PST)
- Eight Execrable Elements of Netflix’s A Series of Unfortunate Events (From FilmSchoolRejects. 17 January 2017, 11:49 AM, PST)
- Framing Wes Anderson’s Memories (From FilmSchoolRejects. 17 January 2017, 9:43 AM, PST)
Francis Ford Coppola
- Francis Ford Coppola’s wines to be only brand served at Oscars for three years (From The Guardian - Film News. 18 January 2017, 7:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Rumble Fish,’ ‘Tampopo,’ and More Coming to The Criterion Collection in April (From The Film Stage. 18 January 2017, 5:52 AM, PST)
- The Criterion Collection Announces April Titles: ‘Tampopo,’ ‘Rumble Fish,’ ‘Woman of the Year’ and More (From Indiewire. 17 January 2017, 3:03 PM, PST)
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Star Emma Watson Explains Why She Chose Belle Over Cinderella (From Movies.com. 18 January 2017, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Watch: 'Beauty and the Beast' Star Emma Watson Sings! (From Movies.com. 18 January 2017, 12:00 PM, PST)
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Star Emma Watson Explains Why She Chose Belle Over Cinderella (From Fandango. 18 January 2017, 8:23 AM, PST)