In Rise of the Planet of Apes, the very first hyper-intelligent primates were held captive in laboratories as their bodies were used as test tubes for medical advances designed to cure human diseases. In Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, things will be very different: humans have been brought low by a virus of their own creation and their numbers are dwindling even as Caesar (Andy Serkis) leads a growing nation of intelligent apes towards becoming the dominant species on Earth.
That doesn’t mean that the upcoming sequel will be all-apes-all-the-time; Jason Clarke and Gary Oldman will also star as members of a faction of surviving humans who reach out to Caesar in the hopes of establishing peaceful relations. Based on the recently-released posters of the apes decked out in war paint, these efforts probably ...
Click to continue reading ‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’ Trailer Preview: »
- H. Shaw-Williams
Similar News ItemsGary Oldman (I)
- Movie Review – Man Down (2015) (From Flickeringmyth. 28 March 2017, 2:30 AM, PDT)
- CinemaCon 2017: ‘Dunkirk,’ ‘The Beguiled,’ ‘Baby Driver,’ and the New Woody Allen Get Sneak Peeks (From Indiewire. 27 March 2017, 8:56 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Brian Cox as Churchill in First Trailer for New 'Churchill' Film (From FirstShowing.net. 25 March 2017, 2:39 PM, PDT)
- Take That’s Gary Barlow to appear in Star Wars: The Last Jedi (From Flickeringmyth. 27 March 2017, 9:06 AM, PDT)
- Exclusive Interview: Judy Greer Talks Wilson And War For The Planet Of The Apes (From We Got This Covered. 24 March 2017, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- Lucasfilm won’t alter Star Wars: The Last Jedi as a result of Carrie Fisher’s passing (From Flickeringmyth. 24 March 2017, 5:32 AM, PDT)
Jason Clarke (I)
- Carey Mulligan to Star in BBC Miniseries Directed by S.J. Clarkson (From Women and Hollywood. 22 March 2017, 10:02 AM, PDT)
- Hollywood Film Contenders: Films and Talent (From Hollywoodnews.com. 18 March 2017, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Writer / Director Sean Byrne on Facing His Fears with The Devil’S Candy (From DailyDead. 16 March 2017, 11:59 AM, PDT)