American Zoetrope announced today that it has acquired feature rights to Alysia Abbott’s memoir Fairyland: A Memoir Of My Father.
Fairyland is a coming-of-age story set against the backdrop of San Francisco’s cultural scene in the 1970s and ’80s, both before and after the AIDS epidemic. Abbott’s father, the poet and gay activist Steve Abbott, would later die of AIDS.
“I love the book Fairyland,” said Sofia Coppola. “It’s a sweet and unique love story of a girl and her dad, both growing up together in 1970’s San Francisco. I think it will make an engaging and touching movie on a subject I’ve never seen before.” »
- email@example.com (Jeremy Kay)
Similar News ItemsSofia Coppola
- Netflix’x BoJack Horseman Renewed, Lilyhammer Canceled (From We Got This Covered. 28 July 2015, 9:42 AM, PDT)
- Netflix Renews "Bojack," Sets Show Launches (From Dark Horizons. 28 July 2015, 5:42 AM, PDT)
- "Beat" Takeshi: The Hollywood Flashback Interview (From The Hollywood Interview. 26 July 2015, 8:22 PM, PDT)
- Actress and Comedian Anne Meara, Mother of Ben Stiller, Dies at 85 (From Variety - TV News. 24 May 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Actress and Comedian Anne Meara, Mother of Ben Stiller, Dies at 85 (From Variety - Film News. 24 May 2015, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- Bill Murray, Sofia Coppola Team Up for 'A Very Murray Christmas' (From Rolling Stone. 22 May 2015, 7:53 AM, PDT)
American Zoetrope [us]
- Francis Ford Coppola Set To Preside Marrakech Film Festival’s Jury (From Variety - Film News. 29 June 2015, 3:53 AM, PDT)
- George Lucas: 25 Things You Didn't Know About the 'Star Wars' Guru (From Moviefone. 14 May 2015, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- 10 unsung heroes behind Star Wars: A New Hope (From Den of Geek. 22 April 2015, 11:08 AM, PDT)