Colin Farrell, who appears in the new movie "Saving Mr. Banks" as "Mary Poppins" author P.L. Travers' father, stops by "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" on Monday (Dec. 16), where he talks about how he was almost in a boy band (what?!) and his relationship with the late Elizabeth Taylor before she passed away in 2011.
The two were in Cedars-Sinai at the same time -- Farrell for the birth of his youngest son and Taylor for some heart surgery. He met her manager, one thing led to another and they began a friendship before she died.
"I got to have an audience with her, and that was the beginning of a year and a half or two years of what was ... it was kind of like the last, it feels like in my head, not her, I'm projecting, but the last kind of romantic relationship I had. Which was never consummated, »
Similar News ItemsColin Farrell (I)
- Blu-ray Review: Criterion's The New World Worthy of Discovery (From Screen Anarchy. 25 July 2016, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- New Comic-Con Trailer for 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' (From FirstShowing.net. 23 July 2016, 6:06 PM, PDT)
- Eddie Redmayne charms Comic-Con (From ScreenDaily. 23 July 2016, 5:12 PM, PDT)
Elizabeth Taylor (I)
- Liz and Dick Who’S Afraid Of Virginia Woolf? This Weekend at Webster University (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 10 July 2016, 5:33 PM, PDT)
- Elizabeth Taylor is back on the big screen with our return engagement of A Place in the Sun (From Cineplex. 7 July 2016, 7:08 AM, PDT)
- 17 times movies and TV shows were refused rights to songs (From Den of Geek. 30 June 2016, 9:23 AM, PDT)
Saving Mr. Banks (2013)
- The Founder Is Pushed To Awards Season (From We Got This Covered. 14 July 2016, 11:34 AM, PDT)
- Weinstein Company Flips McDonald’s Drama ‘The Founder’ to Awards Season (From Variety - Film News. 13 July 2016, 12:26 PM, PDT)
- British Movie Moguls Back European Union Membership in Referendum Vote (From Variety - Film News. 21 June 2016, 10:50 AM, PDT)