Hirokazu Kore-eda’s Like Father, Like Son won best film and best director at the 56th Asia Pacific Film Festival (Apff), which wrapped in Macau on Sunday night (Dec 15).
India’s The Lunchbox, written and directed by Ritesh Batra, continued its awards run by scooping three prizes – best screenplay, best supporting actor for Nawazuddin Siddiqui and an outstanding achievement award for Irrfan Khan.
Zhang Ziyi won best actress for The Grandmaster, while best actor went to Lee Kang-sheng for Stray Dogs, which also won best sound (Tu Duu-chih, Kuo Li-chi). The Grandmaster also picked up best cinematography (Philippe Le Sourd).
- email@example.com (Liz Shackleton)
Similar News ItemsIrrfan Khan
- Hindi Medium proves its originality, Ramdhanu withdraws (From BollywoodHungama. 24 July 2017, 4:06 AM, PDT)
- Just in: Deepika Padukone is all set to play a Mumbai don in this film. Read Details! (From Behindwoods. 24 July 2017, 1:14 AM, PDT)
- Deepika and Irrfan in Vishal Bhardwaj next untitled project set to release in October 2018 (From Bollyspice. 22 July 2017, 11:23 PM, PDT)
- ITV Revenues Down 3% Amid Drop in Profit for ITV Studios (From Variety - TV News. 26 July 2017, 12:43 AM, PDT)
- Sideshow’s Wonder Woman Training Costume collectible figure available to pre-order now (From Flickeringmyth. 20 July 2017, 4:50 PM, PDT)
- Wonder Woman set to become the biggest summer movie of 2017 (From Flickeringmyth. 19 July 2017, 12:03 PM, PDT)
- Paramount pushes back the Cloverfield movie God Particle to February 2018 (From Flickeringmyth. 23 July 2017, 1:40 AM, PDT)
- Third Cloverfield Movie Relocates To February As Paramount Reshuffles Slate (From We Got This Covered. 21 July 2017, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- Paramount Pushes ‘Cloverfield Movie’ Back to 2018 (From Variety - Film News. 21 July 2017, 9:10 AM, PDT)