Hirokazu Kore-eda’s Like Father, Like Son won best film and best director at the 56th Asia Pacific Film Festival (Apff), which wrapped in Macau on Sunday night (Dec 15).
India’s The Lunchbox, written and directed by Ritesh Batra, continued its awards run by scooping three prizes – best screenplay, best supporting actor for Nawazuddin Siddiqui and an outstanding achievement award for Irrfan Khan.
Zhang Ziyi won best actress for The Grandmaster, while best actor went to Lee Kang-sheng for Stray Dogs, which also won best sound (Tu Duu-chih, Kuo Li-chi). The Grandmaster also picked up best cinematography (Philippe Le Sourd).
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Liz Shackleton)
Similar News ItemsIrrfan Khan
- Bangladesh bans Irrfan Khan’s film No Bed of Roses (From BollywoodHungama. 19 February 2017, 9:42 PM, PST)
- Bangladesh Bans Irrfan Khan-Starring ‘No Bed of Roses’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 17 February 2017, 7:07 AM, PST)
- Fifty Shades Darker review: Dir. James Foley (2017) (From The Hollywood News. 11 February 2017, 12:30 AM, PST)
- Joss Whedon talks about his rejected Wonder Woman movie (From Flickeringmyth. 21 February 2017, 12:53 PM, PST)
- New images and concept art from Wonder Woman (From Flickeringmyth. 21 February 2017, 8:27 AM, PST)
- Watch: Doctor Strange VFX video explores the time-reversal scene (From Flickeringmyth. 20 February 2017, 6:30 AM, PST)
- 'Railroad Tigers' unseats 'See You Tomorrow' at China box office (From ScreenDaily. 3 January 2017, 1:35 AM, PST)
- China Box Office: ‘The Great Wall’ Builds $66 Million Opening Weekend (From Variety - Film News. 18 December 2016, 8:28 AM, PST)
- Film Review: Matt Damon in ‘The Great Wall’ (From Variety - Film News. 15 December 2016, 2:00 PM, PST)