Hirokazu Kore-eda’s Like Father, Like Son won best film and best director at the 56th Asia Pacific Film Festival (Apff), which wrapped in Macau on Sunday night (Dec 15).
India’s The Lunchbox, written and directed by Ritesh Batra, continued its awards run by scooping three prizes – best screenplay, best supporting actor for Nawazuddin Siddiqui and an outstanding achievement award for Irrfan Khan.
Zhang Ziyi won best actress for The Grandmaster, while best actor went to Lee Kang-sheng for Stray Dogs, which also won best sound (Tu Duu-chih, Kuo Li-chi). The Grandmaster also picked up best cinematography (Philippe Le Sourd).
- email@example.com (Liz Shackleton)
Similar News ItemsIrrfan Khan
- Amazon pacts with T-Series for India launch (From ScreenDaily. 28 September 2016, 5:40 AM, PDT)
- Amazon Signs Licensing Deal With India’s T-Series (From Variety - Film News. 28 September 2016, 4:34 AM, PDT)
- Priyanka Chopra cheers on Irrfan Khan for Inferno! (From Bollyspice. 22 September 2016, 8:51 PM, PDT)
- The Ancient One, Kaecilius and Mordo get Doctor Strange character posters (From Flickeringmyth. 28 September 2016, 11:15 AM, PDT)
- IMAX trailer for Marvel’s Doctor Strange offers up new footage (From Flickeringmyth. 27 September 2016, 2:00 PM, PDT)
- Doctor Strange character posters for the Sorcerer Supreme, Wong and Christine Palmer (From Flickeringmyth. 27 September 2016, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘La La Land’ takes top award at Toronto [Tiff ’16] (From The Hollywood News. 18 September 2016, 3:36 PM, PDT)
- ‘La La Land,’ ‘Jackie,’ and ‘Free Fire’ Lead Tiff 2016 Award Winners (From The Film Stage. 18 September 2016, 11:18 AM, PDT)
- Matt Damon Takes a Leap of Faith off ‘The Great Wall’ (From Bloody-Disgusting.com. 13 September 2016, 7:52 AM, PDT)