It turns out you can't down martinis 24/7 and live to tell the tale -- not even if you're James Bond.
A group of spoilsports British researchers proved that point recently when they took a look at 007's hard-partying lifestyle as depicted in Ian Fleming's books, and analyzed just how much damage all that booze might have done to Bond were he a real-life international spy. The tongue-in-cheek study, published in the British Medical Journal's holiday issue, reports that Bond would suffer from such splitting hangover-induced headaches that he wouldn't be able to chase down villains, and his speech would constantly be slurred; he'd also be quite overweight, thanks to drunken eating binges.
"Their findings showed that Bond was a major alcoholic, in a category of drinkers at highest risk of developing malignancies, depression, hypertension and cirrhosis," writes the Los Angeles Times about the study. "Despite his reputation as a womanizer, »
- Katie Roberts
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- Multi-starrer film ‘Fever’ Set to Hit the Screens in UK on 5th August 2016 (From Bollyspice. 28 July 2016, 11:00 PM, PDT)
- Pierce Brosnan Joins Dave Bautista in Soccer Drama ‘Final Score’ (From Variety - Film News. 26 July 2016, 5:54 PM, PDT)
- Pierce Brosnan joins Dave Bautista in 'Final Score' (From ScreenDaily. 26 July 2016, 5:17 AM, PDT)
- Films of 1986; Aliens Hits The 30 Year Mark (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 July 2016, 8:43 AM, PDT)
- First Reviews For Paul Greengrass’ Jason Bourne Are A Mixed Bag (From We Got This Covered. 26 July 2016, 7:49 AM, PDT)
- Film Review: ‘Jason Bourne’ (From Variety - Film News. 26 July 2016, 12:00 AM, PDT)
Ian Fleming (I)
- Comic Book Review – James Bond Vol. 1: Vargr (From Flickeringmyth. 25 July 2016, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- Dynamite announces new James Bond miniseries Hammerhead (From Flickeringmyth. 19 July 2016, 11:45 PM, PDT)
- Licence to sell: James Bond's 1960s Rolex watch up for auction (From The Guardian - Film News. 18 July 2016, 8:22 AM, PDT)