Chairman of Walt Disney Studios, Alan Horn, spoke at a Variety event this morning and let fly with some updates from what was formally the world of Lucasfilm-Only:
Disney expects to get script for Star Wars 7 in January. No budget for movie although studio wouldn't be surprised if it costs $200 million.
— Marc Graser (@marcgraser) December 13, 2013
Well, that’s not a good sign. Call me crazy but “we just bought Star Wars and are launching the third trilogy in two years” sounded a lot to me like Episode VII was ready to go. Then Jj Abrams threw out the Michael Ardnt script/treatment and took it back to square one. That’s what pushed Star Wars into the Christmas season (since Disney CEO Bob Iger is promising new Star Wars in 2015).
History will contextualize this. But without a script, there can’t be a budget and an “expected budget” is what »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Star Wars Bits: Ciena Ree Revealed in New Art, New Star Wars Celebration Pins, and the Future of Star Wars: Battlefront (From Slash Film. 24 May 2016, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Netflix Closes Deal To Become “Exclusive Pay TV Home” Of Star Wars, Pixar And Marvel Content From September (From We Got This Covered. 24 May 2016, 8:57 AM, PDT)
- James Corden Gets Driven to Work by Chewbacca Mask Lady (Video) (From The Wrap. 24 May 2016, 7:42 AM, PDT)
- Star Trek Beyond Fan Event Delivers Big Surprises (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 24 May 2016, 11:08 AM, PDT)
- James Corden’s Carpool Karaoke: J.J. Abrams Gives “Director Notes” To Chewbacca Mom (From Deadline TV. 24 May 2016, 8:45 AM, PDT)
- Chewbacca Mom Carpools With James Corden and J.J. Abrams (From Moviefone. 24 May 2016, 8:30 AM, PDT)
Harrison Ford (I)
- 10 Awesome Movies You Need To Watch Before They Leave Netflix In June (From Cinema Blend. 23 May 2016, 3:19 PM, PDT)
- ‘Garfield’ Animated Movie in the Works at Alcon (From Variety - Film News. 23 May 2016, 12:06 PM, PDT)
- Movies & TV Shows Leaving Netflix: June 2016 (From Moviefone. 23 May 2016, 9:48 AM, PDT)