Chairman of Walt Disney Studios, Alan Horn, spoke at a Variety event this morning and let fly with some updates from what was formally the world of Lucasfilm-Only:
Disney expects to get script for Star Wars 7 in January. No budget for movie although studio wouldn't be surprised if it costs $200 million.
— Marc Graser (@marcgraser) December 13, 2013
Well, that’s not a good sign. Call me crazy but “we just bought Star Wars and are launching the third trilogy in two years” sounded a lot to me like Episode VII was ready to go. Then Jj Abrams threw out the Michael Ardnt script/treatment and took it back to square one. That’s what pushed Star Wars into the Christmas season (since Disney CEO Bob Iger is promising new Star Wars in 2015).
History will contextualize this. But without a script, there can’t be a budget and an “expected budget” is what »
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Box Office Report: The Choice Was Clear At Box Office: Coens Over Zombies. (From Movies.com. 8 February 2016, 12:00 PM, PST)
- The Force Awakens joins Avatar and Titanic in the $2bn club (From The Guardian - Film News. 8 February 2016, 8:56 AM, PST)
- Super Bowl Movie Trailers: Captain America: Civil War, X-Men: Apocalypse and more during the big game (From Cineplex. 8 February 2016, 7:05 AM, PST)
- ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Super Bowl Trailer Ends With a Monster-Sized Roar (Video) (From The Wrap. 8 February 2016, 7:54 AM, PST)
- 10 Cloverfield Lane Continues To Intrigue With New Super Bowl TV Spot (From We Got This Covered. 8 February 2016, 7:32 AM, PST)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens passes $2bn at global box office (From Den of Geek. 7 February 2016, 10:10 PM, PST)
Harrison Ford (I)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens becomes only the third movie ever to gross $2 billion worldwide (From Flickeringmyth. 7 February 2016, 9:58 AM, PST)
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Han Solo (From Obsessed with Film. 7 February 2016, 3:14 AM, PST)
- 'Indiana Jones' Easter Egg Discovered in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' (From MovieWeb. 5 February 2016, 4:14 PM, PST)