Marc Maron is exactly the guy the devoted followers of his podcast “Wtf” imagine.
They expect him to be funny, articulate, insightful and slightly profane. The listeners — whom Maron usually greets with “How’s it going, What the Fuckineers, What the Fucksters?” or other similar nicknames — then get an intimate monologue about Maron’s life before an hourlong-or-more interview with everyone from Iggy Pop to Carl Reiner, Mel Brooks, David Sedaris, Cheech and Chong and almost every comedian — up-and-coming and otherwise — on the club circuit these days.
“I like working,” says Maron. “As I get older, people ask me, ‘What do you want to get out of life?’ Well, I’d like to not die broke and have insurance.”
He’s that guy. But taller.
“There’s nothing more intimate than audio. The relationship people have with it is very specific and individual, and very powerful,” Maron says.
The comic’s candor, »
- Carole Horst
Similar News ItemsJon Favreau
- With 'Entourage' arriving soon, we examine classic films about boys being boys (From Hitfix. 24 May 2015, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- In Defence Of... Ben Affleck's Daredevil (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 23 May 2015, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- Time Machine: Sensational Scarlett J. in Purple (From Alt Film Guide. 7 May 2015, 8:48 PM, PDT)
- After Years of Talking, Here's What Marc Maron Will Say -- And What He Won't (From Indiewire Television. 25 May 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- After Years of Talking, Here's What Marc Maron Will Say -- And What He Won't (From Indiewire. 25 May 2015, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- After Years of Talking, Here's What Marc Maron Will Say -- And What He Won't (From Indiewire Television. 22 May 2015, 12:44 PM, PDT)
- See Mad Max: Fury Road's Deleted Patton Oswalt Scene (From Cinema Blend. 22 May 2015, 4:25 PM, PDT)
- Last Night on Late Night, 5/21/15: Conan gives his staff a performance review and Heidi Klum smuggles scrotums (From SoundOnSight. 22 May 2015, 11:59 AM, PDT)
- Bill Kreutzmann on Grateful Dead's LSD-Tinted 'Playboy' Show (From Rolling Stone. 22 May 2015, 9:03 AM, PDT)