Omar, set in the occupied West Bank, has won best film at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSAs).Scroll down for full list of winners
Apsa organisers said Omar is the first feature to be fully funded by the film industry in Palestine.
The jury also decided to award two Jury Grand Prizes to the film Television from Bangladesh and to Ritesh Batra for his direction of The Lunchbox. Batra also won the top award for his screenplay for this film, set in Mumbai.
It was Anthony Chen who won the directing category with his debut film Ilo Ilo from Singapore, with special mentions given to Emir Baigazin for Harmony Lessons and Hiner Saleem for My Sweet Pepper Land.
Cultural worth is one of the judging criteria at the »
- Sandy.George@me.com (Sandy George)
Similar News ItemsThe Act of Killing (2012)
- Altered Innocence Picks Up U.S. Rights to ‘Concrete Night’ (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 11 October 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- My Scientology Movie review – amusing but lightweight (From The Guardian - Film News. 9 October 2016, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- My Scientology Movie review – Louis Theroux gets smart with the cult church (From The Guardian - Film News. 6 October 2016, 7:30 AM, PDT)
Joshua Oppenheimer (II)
- Cinema Eye Honors Announces Year’s Most Unforgettable Documentary Subjects, Including ‘Weiner’ and ‘Kate Plays Christine’ (From Indiewire. 19 October 2016, 9:15 AM, PDT)
- Movie Review – My Scientology Movie (2016) (From Flickeringmyth. 6 October 2016, 1:15 AM, PDT)
- Why Not a Documentary for Best Picture? (From Variety - Film News. 4 October 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Blu-ray Review – Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (2000) (From Flickeringmyth. 18 October 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Wanda to Unveil a 40% Rebate to Lure Productions to Chinese Studio (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 14 October 2016, 6:37 PM, PDT)
- 17 upcoming live-action Disney remakes (From Flickeringmyth. 10 October 2016, 4:48 AM, PDT)