Omar, set in the occupied West Bank, has won best film at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSAs).Scroll down for full list of winners
Apsa organisers said Omar is the first feature to be fully funded by the film industry in Palestine.
The jury also decided to award two Jury Grand Prizes to the film Television from Bangladesh and to Ritesh Batra for his direction of The Lunchbox. Batra also won the top award for his screenplay for this film, set in Mumbai.
It was Anthony Chen who won the directing category with his debut film Ilo Ilo from Singapore, with special mentions given to Emir Baigazin for Harmony Lessons and Hiner Saleem for My Sweet Pepper Land.
Cultural worth is one of the judging criteria at the »
- Sandy.George@me.com (Sandy George)
Similar News ItemsThe Act of Killing (2012)
- 20 Reasons to Watch 20 Feet from Stardom (From Flickeringmyth. 20 July 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Help crowdfund documentary film festival Ambulante (From SoundOnSight. 10 July 2014, 2:18 PM, PDT)
- Drafthouse Picks Up Ukrainian Cannes Favourite ‘The Tribe’: Watch The Trailer (From The Hollywood News. 5 July 2014, 2:15 AM, PDT)
- Here's What Happens When Katniss and Hermione Vie For Your Attention (From Popsugar. 8 July 2014, 9:40 AM, PDT)
- South Korean Star Jang Dong-gun Talks Going Hollywood, Shooting Guns (Q&A) (From The Hollywood Reporter. 13 June 2014, 2:58 AM, PDT)
- Our Top 10 Favorite Hookers with Hearts of Gold from the Movies (From ReelzChannel. 5 June 2014, 7:43 AM, PDT)
The Grandmaster (2013)
- Alibaba pacts with high-profile trio (From ScreenDaily. 21 July 2014, 3:40 AM, PDT)
- China’s Alibaba to Finance Wong Kar-wai Movie Slate (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 20 July 2014, 5:30 PM, PDT)
- 5 unreleased movies we're dying to see: Enemy, Snowpiercer, Spectacular Now (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 5 July 2014, 1:30 AM, PDT)