Omar, set in the occupied West Bank, has won best film at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSAs).Scroll down for full list of winners
Apsa organisers said Omar is the first feature to be fully funded by the film industry in Palestine.
The jury also decided to award two Jury Grand Prizes to the film Television from Bangladesh and to Ritesh Batra for his direction of The Lunchbox. Batra also won the top award for his screenplay for this film, set in Mumbai.
It was Anthony Chen who won the directing category with his debut film Ilo Ilo from Singapore, with special mentions given to Emir Baigazin for Harmony Lessons and Hiner Saleem for My Sweet Pepper Land.
Cultural worth is one of the judging criteria at the »
- Sandy.George@me.com (Sandy George)
Similar News ItemsThe Act of Killing (2012)
- Nordisk Panorama unveils pitch titles, competition line-ups (From ScreenDaily. 29 July 2016, 5:51 AM, PDT)
- Weekly Rushes. V.F. Perkins, Johnnie To Behind-the-Scenes, "La La Land," Bruce Conner (From MUBI. 20 July 2016, 8:10 AM, PDT)
- Joshua Oppenheimer Discusses the Lingering Impact of Alain Resnais’ ‘Night and Fog’ (From The Film Stage. 14 July 2016, 2:28 PM, PDT)
Joshua Oppenheimer (II)
- Venice Film Festival: Enter To Win Online Festival Pass For Venice Sala Web (From Indiewire. 25 August 2016, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- Doctor Strange Reshoots Brought in Community Creator Dan Harmon (From MovieWeb. 24 August 2016, 12:59 PM, PDT)
- Mulholland Drive Tops BBC's 100 Best Movies of the 21st Century List (From MovieWeb. 23 August 2016, 12:21 PM, PDT)
- Tiff Platform Jury Revealed: Brian De Palma, Zhang Ziyi and Mahamat-Saleh Haroun to Judge Selections (From Indiewire. 25 August 2016, 9:13 AM, PDT)
- ‘Loudini’ Short Film: Struggling Magician Tries To Keep His Act Together After Losing His Rabbit (From Indiewire. 24 August 2016, 1:34 PM, PDT)
- Toronto: Discovery, Next Wave, Vr, In Conversations unveiled (From ScreenDaily. 23 August 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)