Omar, set in the occupied West Bank, has won best film at the Asia Pacific Screen Awards (APSAs).Scroll down for full list of winners
Apsa organisers said Omar is the first feature to be fully funded by the film industry in Palestine.
The jury also decided to award two Jury Grand Prizes to the film Television from Bangladesh and to Ritesh Batra for his direction of The Lunchbox. Batra also won the top award for his screenplay for this film, set in Mumbai.
It was Anthony Chen who won the directing category with his debut film Ilo Ilo from Singapore, with special mentions given to Emir Baigazin for Harmony Lessons and Hiner Saleem for My Sweet Pepper Land.
Cultural worth is one of the judging criteria at the »
- Sandy.George@me.com (Sandy George)
Similar News ItemsThe Act of Killing (2012)
- Telluride Reveals 2017 Lineup: ‘The Shape of Water,’ ‘Downsizing,’ Christian Bale Tribute, and Angelina Jolie (From Indiewire. 31 August 2017, 6:03 AM, PDT)
- Dealing With the Past: Sarajevo Film Festival Addresses Balkan Wars (From Variety - Film News. 18 August 2017, 1:24 AM, PDT)
- Sarajevo Film Festival kicks off 23rd edition (From ScreenDaily. 12 August 2017, 1:13 AM, PDT)
- NFDC Takes Management Control at Film Festival of India (From Variety - Film News. 1 September 2017, 4:15 AM, PDT)
- ‘Godzilla vs. Kong’: Adam Wingard Says the Epic Battle Will Have a Definitive Winner (From Indiewire. 20 August 2017, 1:23 PM, PDT)
- Godzilla: King of the Monsters director teases connection to original 1954 Godzilla (From Flickeringmyth. 17 August 2017, 12:49 PM, PDT)
Joshua Oppenheimer (II)
- Tiff Review: ‘Caniba’ Feels Too Satisfied With Its Instant Revulsion (From The Film Stage. 13 September 2017, 5:02 AM, PDT)
- TV News Roundup: Production Team Announced for Primetime Emmys (From Variety - TV News. 12 September 2017, 4:09 PM, PDT)
- ‘Love Means Zero’ Review: An Entertaining Doc About the Tennis World’s Greatest Monster (From Indiewire. 9 September 2017, 3:15 PM, PDT)