The Writers Guild of America West has named the late Thomas S. Cook as its 2014 Morgan Cox Award honoree in recognition of his guild service.
The award will be presented posthumously to Cook at the WGA’s West Coast ceremony on Feb. 1 in Los Angeles at the Jw Marriott L.A. Live. Cook died Jan. 5 after a battle with cancer.
“Tom was a beloved member of this guild, renowned both for the remarkable work he produced and for his unending commitment to give something of himself back,” said WGA West president Christopher Keyser. “His service touched on every corner of our mission and lasted over three wonderful decades. Even in his final days, as a Trustee of our Health and Pension Fund, he never forgot the needs of his fellow writers, and we, in turn, will never forget him.”
Cook was best known for co-writing the screenplay for “The China Syndrome »
- Dave McNary
Similar News ItemsChristopher Keyser
- TV Review: ‘The Last Tycoon’ on Amazon (From Variety - TV News. 26 July 2017, 10:05 AM, PDT)
- Witches Return For "Charmed" (From SneakPeek. 20 July 2017, 7:35 PM, PDT)
- Amazon’s ‘The Last Tycoon’ Screens in Monte Carlo After Public Pilot-Rating Process (From Variety - TV News. 18 June 2017, 12:28 PM, PDT)
- Robert Blake To Give Marriage Another Shot (From TMZ. 10 March 2017, 10:23 AM, PST)
- Newswire: R.I.P. Don Calfa, character actor and star of Return Of The Living Dead (From The AV Club. 2 December 2016, 8:52 AM, PST)
- 'Mission: Impossible': 15 Things You (Probably) Didn't Know About the Tom Cruise Blockbuster (From Moviefone. 24 May 2016, 6:00 AM, PDT)
Patric M. Verrone
- Us writers' strike averted as "tentative" deal reached (From ScreenDaily. 2 May 2017, 3:01 AM, PDT)
- Us writers' strike averted (From ScreenDaily. 2 May 2017, 3:01 AM, PDT)
- Writers strike averted (From ScreenDaily. 2 May 2017, 3:01 AM, PDT)