Festival top brass will mark the 20th anniversary of Steve James’ celebrated basketball documentary with a screening in From The Collection.
Hoop Dreams premiered in Park City in 1994 where it won the audience award for best documentary.
The film has been restored under the auspices of the Sundance Institute, UCLA Film & Television Archive, the Academy Film Archive and Kartemquin Films.
“Hoop Dreams completely changed the way we experience documentary films and the stories they tell,” said Sundance senior programmer John Nein. “And that profound impact is still being felt 20 years later.” »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Jeremy Kay)
Similar News ItemsHoop Dreams (1994)
- Film Feature: Top 20 Interviews of 2016, by Patrick McDonald (From HollywoodChicago.com. 26 February 2017, 1:55 PM, PST)
- ‘For Ahkeem’ Review: This Vérité Doc About a St. Louis Teen Offers Compellingly Humane Proof of the Fact That Black Lives Matter — Berlinale 2017 (From Indiewire. 12 February 2017, 1:00 AM, PST)
- Espn’s ‘O.J.: Made in America’ Goes Long as Unconventional Oscar Frontrunner (From Variety - Film News. 24 January 2017, 2:29 PM, PST)
- Kartemquin: Taking A Look Back at 50 Years of Great Documentary Filmmaking – Exclusive (From Indiewire. 29 June 2016, 1:27 PM, PDT)
- Hoop Dreams: The Real Thing (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 3 July 2015, 9:43 AM, PDT)
- Hoop Dreams: The Real Thing (From Keyframe. 3 July 2015, 9:43 AM, PDT)
Peter Gilbert (I)
- ’11/8/16′: Watch the Election-Day Documentary Being Made Live on Periscope (From Indiewire. 8 November 2016, 10:56 AM, PST)
- Lena Dunham Among Directors Set For The Orchard’s Election-Day Documentary ’11/8/16′ (From Deadline. 2 November 2016, 5:13 PM, PDT)
- ’11/8/16′: More Than 30 Filmmakers to Take Part in Election-Day Documentary (From Indiewire. 2 November 2016, 12:58 PM, PDT)