Siobhan Finneran (Downton Abbey), George Costigan (Unforgiven), Joe Armstrong (Robin Hood), James Norton (Rush), Adam Long (Waterloo Road), Karl Davies (Game of Thrones), Ramon Tikaram (EastEnders) and Charlie Murphy (The Village) will also star in the drama.
The series will follow Catherine (Lancashire), a police sergeant who leads a team of officers in a rural valley in Yorkshire. A staged kidnapping soon creates a domino effect and leads to several other serious crimes.
Lancashire said: "Happy Valley is a dark, funny, multi-layered thriller revolving around the personal and professional life of Catherine, a dedicated, experienced, hard-working copper.
"She is also a bereaved mother who looks after her orphaned grandchild. It's an emotional, complex, challenging role. I'm terrified, »
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- 2 of Your Favorite Game of Thrones Characters May Secretly Be Related (From BuzzSugar. 28 March 2017, 4:15 PM, PDT)
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds ‘Game Of Thrones’ Aidan Gillen; Charlotte Riley Returns As May (From Deadline TV. 28 March 2017, 4:01 PM, PDT)
- Game of Thrones: Cersei Might Be Getting a New Boo, and We're Into It (From BuzzSugar. 28 March 2017, 3:00 PM, PDT)
"Doctor Who" (2005)
- Anne Hathaway’s ‘Dirty Rotten Scoundrels’ Remake Finds Director (From Variety - Film News. 28 March 2017, 10:02 AM, PDT)
- 'Into the Badlands' Recruit Nick Frost on Giving Simon Pegg an Atomic Powerslam (From The Hollywood Reporter - TV News. 27 March 2017, 3:45 AM, PDT)
- 'Into the Badlands' Recruit Nick Frost on Giving Simon Pegg an Atomic Powerslam (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 27 March 2017, 3:45 AM, PDT)
"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- Bones' Emily Deschanel Reveals Finale Scene That Nearly Made Her 'Bawl,' Reacts to David Boreanaz' New Gig (From TVLine.com. 28 March 2017, 7:00 PM, PDT)
- Downton Abbey’s Jessica Brown Findlay Speaks Out On Eating Disorder, Mental Health (From Uinterview. 28 March 2017, 1:29 PM, PDT)
- TV Review: ‘Harlots’ on Hulu (From Variety - TV News. 28 March 2017, 1:16 PM, PDT)