The story is based on West's autobiography "Goodness Had Nothing To Do With It" and chronicles West’s rise to stardom. West was never a wide-eyed innocent, she began her career writing and starring in her own risqué Broadway shows like "Sex" and "Diamond Lil".
Notoriety fueled her career which led to her making a string of movie hits and becoming one of the highest-grossing stars of the 1930s - all the while pushing the envelope and keeping studio censors busy.
Source: Deadline »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsBehind the Candelabra (2013) (TV)
- Michael Douglas Just Getting Started with Career Achievement Honor (From Variety - Film News. 8 February 2016, 12:00 PM, PST)
- 14 of the fakest celebrity retirements in history (From Hitfix. 5 February 2016, 4:54 PM, PST)
- Steven Soderbergh is maybe un-retiring from film directing, possibly for Channing Tatum (From Hitfix. 4 February 2016, 8:45 AM, PST)
- Listen to the Terrifying Rejected Score for 'The Exorcist' (From MovieWeb. 9 February 2016, 7:47 AM, PST)
- Listen to the rejected 'Exorcist' score William Friedkin allegedly threw out a window (From Hitfix. 8 February 2016, 3:22 PM, PST)
- [Sundance Review] Antibirth (From The Film Stage. 5 February 2016, 10:45 AM, PST)
- Morgan Freeman Discusses the Roles He Isn’t Offered at Aarp’s Movies for Grownups Awards (From Variety - Film News. 9 February 2016, 5:13 PM, PST)
- Goldie Hawn Will Play Amy Schumer’s Mom in Jonathan Levine’s Untitled Vacation Comedy (From Slash Film. 9 February 2016, 4:00 PM, PST)
- Michael Douglas Talks Health and Marriage as He Steps Out at the Aarp Awards with Catherine Zeta-Jones (From PEOPLE.com. 9 February 2016, 9:00 AM, PST)