The story is based on West's autobiography "Goodness Had Nothing To Do With It" and chronicles West’s rise to stardom. West was never a wide-eyed innocent, she began her career writing and starring in her own risqué Broadway shows like "Sex" and "Diamond Lil".
Notoriety fueled her career which led to her making a string of movie hits and becoming one of the highest-grossing stars of the 1930s - all the while pushing the envelope and keeping studio censors busy.
Source: Deadline »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsBehind the Candelabra (2013) (TV)
- Steven Soderbergh Is Already Planning Season 2 Of The Knick (From We Got This Covered. 8 July 2014, 3:26 AM, PDT)
- Soderbergh on his ‘retirement’: ‘It stopped being fun’ (From SoundOnSight. 7 July 2014, 2:57 PM, PDT)
- Steven Soderbergh bringing back the '80s with Jennifer Grey's help for Amazon pilot (From Hitfix. 7 July 2014, 2:41 PM, PDT)
- Is Tina Fey Developing a Hocus Pocus Sequel?! (From E! Online. 3 July 2014, 7:01 AM, PDT)
- Tina Fey Producing and Starring in New Disney Witch Movie (Not a ‘Hocus Pocus’ Sequel) (From Slash Film. 2 July 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Tina Fey Attached to Star in Disney's Witch Project, Not 'Hocus Pocus' Sequel (From The Hollywood Reporter. 2 July 2014, 2:18 PM, PDT)
- William Friedkin Considering Work on HBO's True Detective (From FEARnet. 9 July 2014, 2:02 PM, PDT)
- Johansson Up for Coens' 'Hail Caesar!', Friedkin Considers 'True Detective' & Redford to Play Rather (From Rope Of Silicon. 9 July 2014, 1:24 PM, PDT)
- William Friedkin Considering a Gig on ‘True Detective’ Season 2 (From Slash Film. 9 July 2014, 10:33 AM, PDT)