The story is based on West's autobiography "Goodness Had Nothing To Do With It" and chronicles West’s rise to stardom. West was never a wide-eyed innocent, she began her career writing and starring in her own risqué Broadway shows like "Sex" and "Diamond Lil".
Notoriety fueled her career which led to her making a string of movie hits and becoming one of the highest-grossing stars of the 1930s - all the while pushing the envelope and keeping studio censors busy.
Source: Deadline »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsBehind the Candelabra (2013) (TV)
- ‘Wish Fulfillment’ deleted scene from Marvel’s Ant-Man (From Flickeringmyth. 23 November 2015, 11:25 AM, PST)
- Quentin Tarantino and Ellen Mirojnick To Be Honored at Costume Designers Guild Awards (From Variety - Film News. 19 November 2015, 9:57 AM, PST)
- Quentin Tarantino To Receive Costume Designers Guild Honor; Ellen Mirojnick Getting Career Nod (From Deadline. 19 November 2015, 8:41 AM, PST)
- Ben Wheatley to remake The Wages of Fear (From Flickeringmyth. 18 November 2015, 11:30 PM, PST)
- Ben Wheatley to remake the classic ‘The Wages Of Fear’ (From The Hollywood News. 17 November 2015, 11:40 PM, PST)
- Wheatley To Helm "Wages of Fear" Remake (From Dark Horizons. 17 November 2015, 12:26 PM, PST)
- Maggie Star Abigail Breslin Tapped To Headline Freak Show (From We Got This Covered. 24 November 2015, 8:53 AM, PST)
- Abigail Breslin lands the lead in Freak Show (From The Hollywood News. 24 November 2015, 12:10 AM, PST)
- Bette Midler Disses Justin Bieber And His Full Frontal Nude Pics – Again (From Uinterview. 20 November 2015, 2:10 PM, PST)