Most towns have one -- a house so decorated for Christmas it's probably visible from space.
Now take those light-happy, statue-crazed homeowners and multiply them many times over, then pit 20 of them in competition. That's the premise of ABC's "The Great Christmas Light Fight," premiering Monday, Dec. 9.
Each of the five one-hour episodes, shown over three consecutive Mondays, features four families, one of which comes away a $50,000 winner.
During the last holiday season, ABC asked families who do serious decorating to send footage of their houses. For this, they have three weeks to decorate and can enlist family and friends.
One family erects a giant Ferris wheel and a ski lift in the front yard. Another family sings on the roof, albeit a flat roof.
Similar News Items"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" (2003)
- Ty Pennington To Host TNT’s ‘On The Menu’ With Emeril Lagasse (From Deadline TV. 5 March 2014, 12:39 PM, PST)
- Ty Pennington, Emeril Lagasse Join TNT Cooking Show ‘On the Menu’ (From Variety - TV News. 5 March 2014, 12:08 PM, PST)
- Ty Pennington, Emeril Lagasse Tapped for Mark Burnett's TNT Home Cooking Competition ‘On the Menu’ (From The Wrap. 5 March 2014, 12:01 PM, PST)
Christmas Lights (2004) (TV)
- 6 Candy-Themed Movies to Binge on Instead of Rom-Coms This Valentine’s Day (From FilmSchoolRejects. 13 February 2014, 2:30 PM, PST)
- Plus One (2013) Review (From MoreHorror. 27 January 2014, 11:43 PM, PST)
- An Island Parish – TV review (From The Guardian - TV News. 17 January 2014, 5:30 PM, PST)
Michael Moloney (I)
- The Great Christmas Light Fight: Season One Ratings (From TVSeriesFinale. 24 December 2013, 1:56 PM, PST)
- The Great Christmas Light Fight (From TVSeriesFinale. 10 December 2013, 11:24 AM, PST)
- TV Review: ‘The Great Christmas Light Fight’ (From Variety - TV News. 9 December 2013, 6:00 AM, PST)