Most towns have one -- a house so decorated for Christmas it's probably visible from space.
Now take those light-happy, statue-crazed homeowners and multiply them many times over, then pit 20 of them in competition. That's the premise of ABC's "The Great Christmas Light Fight," premiering Monday, Dec. 9.
Each of the five one-hour episodes, shown over three consecutive Mondays, features four families, one of which comes away a $50,000 winner.
During the last holiday season, ABC asked families who do serious decorating to send footage of their houses. For this, they have three weeks to decorate and can enlist family and friends.
One family erects a giant Ferris wheel and a ski lift in the front yard. Another family sings on the roof, albeit a flat roof.
Similar News Items"Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" (2003)
- Drew Barrymore to Serve as Narrator on NBC Dating Reality Show ‘First Dates’ (From Variety - TV News. 28 April 2016, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- Endemol Shine Names Rob Day Evp, Unscripted TV (From Variety - TV News. 19 April 2016, 11:00 AM, PDT)
- CBS to enter True Crime TV with series on JonBenet Ramsey case (From Hitfix. 8 April 2016, 11:49 AM, PDT)
Christmas Lights (2004) (TV)
- Film Review: ‘Red Christmas’ (From Variety - Film News. 27 July 2016, 3:14 PM, PDT)
- 'Stranger Things' creators explain it all about season 1 (From Hitfix. 27 July 2016, 4:00 AM, PDT)
- Five Reasons ‘Stranger Things’ Worked, and One Big Question (From Variety - TV News. 26 July 2016, 4:43 PM, PDT)
Michael Moloney (I)
- The Great Christmas Light Fight: Season Three Premieres December 7th on ABC (From TVSeriesFinale. 22 October 2015, 8:41 PM, PDT)
- ABC’s “The Great Christmas Light Fight” (From ChannelGuideMag. 8 December 2014, 9:06 AM, PST)
- The Great Christmas Light Fight: Season Two Starts December 8th (From TVSeriesFinale. 3 November 2014, 4:40 PM, PST)