News Simon Brew 9 Dec 2013 - 06:32
Paramount has brought in a couple of new writers to help put together the script for the next adventure in the Star Trek cinematic franchise.
Roberto Orci remains on board the project, although his regular writing partner Alex Kurtzman has now dropped out, due to the number of other projects his involved with. Damon Lindelof too, who co-wrote Star Trek Into Darkness, isn't on scripting duties this time around.
Instead, J D Payne and Patrick McKay have signed up for the new movie. The pair have done plenty of screenwriting work to date, although a film with their name on the writing credits hasn't yet made it to the big screen. That might just be a matter of time now.
Similar News ItemsStar Trek (2009)
- Big Bang Theory Recap: How I Disappointed Your Mother (From TVLine.com. 5 May 2016, 5:32 PM, PDT)
- CBS confirms that new Star Trek series will arrive on a weekly basis starting January 2017 (From Flickeringmyth. 5 May 2016, 6:05 AM, PDT)
- Seth MacFarlane is plotting a live-action sci-fi TV series (From Den of Geek. 5 May 2016, 1:20 AM, PDT)
Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
- TV News Roundup: ‘Spartacus’ Actor Cast in ‘The Expanse’ & More (From Variety - TV News. 2 May 2016, 3:56 PM, PDT)
- Kelly Macdonald joins Netflix’s Black Mirror (From Flickeringmyth. 1 May 2016, 8:30 PM, PDT)
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Photos Pop Up Online! (From LatinoReview. 29 April 2016, 6:18 PM, PDT)
- Tomorrowland: or The Curse of the Standalone Blockbuster (From Flickeringmyth. 5 May 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Captain America: Civil War Review: Phase 3 Is Here in a Huge Way (From MovieWeb. 3 May 2016, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- HBO series The Leftovers heads to Australia (From IF.com.au. 27 April 2016, 6:39 PM, PDT)