Sunday's (Dec. 8) episode of "The Mentalist" took the show back to its crime-solving bread and butter, and it did something else as well: It reintroduced the mischievous side of Patrick Jane.
The conclusion to the Red John saga got about as dark as this show ever has -- understandable, given Jane's consuming drive to find and kill Red John. That naturally pushed aside any playful elements to the relationship between Jane and Lisbon or anyone else. But since two-plus years have now passed in the show's timeline -- and Jane is living in the most comfortable prison cell ever -- he's back to being at least a semblance of the guy he was for much of the series.
The episode, titled "Green Thumb," gives Jane his first case working with the FBI, and it feels almost like a pilot episode. Abbott and the rest of the FBI team get to »
Similar News Items"The Mentalist" (2008)
- Flash Scoop: The Voice of Gideon Is... (From TVLine.com. 26 November 2014, 12:22 PM, PST)
- 'The Mentalist' scoop: Eighth season 'possible' but CBS finale will have closure (From EW.com - Inside TV. 24 November 2014, 8:30 AM, PST)
- TVLine Items: Happyish Ellen Barkin, Revenge and Mentalist News & More (From TVLine.com. 21 November 2014, 1:21 PM, PST)
- The Mentalist Is Back for a Final Season, but Which Hit Show Is Getting Benched? (From E! Online. 4 November 2014, 11:30 AM, PST)
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 7 Trailer Sends Jax on the Run (From MovieWeb. 24 July 2014, 2:43 PM, PDT)
- Sneak peek: 'Sons of Anarchy' Collector's Set (plus a deleted season 6 scene) (From EW.com - Inside TV. 18 July 2014, 12:52 PM, PDT)