The producers of Australian prison drama Convict aim to cash in on the growing trend to stage special screenings with key cast conducting Q&A sessions.
They.re so confident the film will resonate with males aged 18-35, the nationwide release begins in the highly competitive January corridor.
.We.ll be the only Australian film showing on Australia Day,. says executive producer John Tedesco, forgetting Jonathan Teplitzky.s The Railway Man, which bows on Boxing Day and, based on the reviews at the Toronto festival, should have a long run.
Tedesco.s Gold Marquee Films is co-distributing the film with The Backlot Studios. The primary outlet is United Cinemas in Sydney, Melbourne, Queensland and Wa.
Pinnacle will release the film on DVD and VOD on April 1, departing from the customary 120-day holdback between theatrical and home entertainment. Tedesco says United.s management »
- Don Groves
Similar News ItemsRobert Pattinson
- David Cronenberg's Maps To The Stars has a Trailer (From GeekTyrant. 12 September 2014, 1:30 PM, PDT)
- When Actors Attack: 12 Movie Stars Who Trashed Their Own Films (From Hitfix. 11 September 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)
- Julianne Moore’s Dark Side Steals New ‘Maps to the Stars’ Trailer (see!) (From TheImproper.com. 11 September 2014, 5:09 PM, PDT)
Guy Pearce (I)
- Robert De Niro & Zac Efron Team For Comedy 'Driving Dick Kelly,' Guy Pearce Is 'Holding The Man' (From The Playlist. 5 September 2014, 9:20 AM, PDT)
- Guy Pearce, Anthony Lapaglia and Kerry Fox for Holding the Man adaptation (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 4 September 2014, 3:08 AM, PDT)
- Lapaglia, Pearce, Corr Are "Holding The Man" (From Dark Horizons. 4 September 2014, 1:29 AM, PDT)
The Rover (2014)
- Joel Edgerton Hides a Crime in Us Trailer for Aussie Thriller 'Felony' (From FirstShowing.net. 5 September 2014, 1:17 PM, PDT)
- ‘Felony’ Trailer: Joel Edgerton Makes a Serious Mistake (From Screen Rant. 5 September 2014, 8:48 AM, PDT)
- The Rover Zigs and Zags Through a Dangerous Wasteland: A Movie Review (From 28 Days Later Analysis. 4 September 2014, 4:00 AM, PDT)