The third time hosting was the charm for Paul Rudd.
When Rudd returned to host "Saturday Night Live" on Saturday (Dec. 7), he brought his energy, his commitment to the sketches (even when that called for embarrassingly dorky dancing or fangirling), and his "Anchorman" co-stars along for the ride. With the return of Will Ferrell (and his classic "Bill Brasky!" sketch) also came the triumphant return of Kristen Wiig and Fred Armisen. You put all these amazing parts together and you get one of this season's best episodes so far.
Don't believe us? Watch videos of the best and worst sketches below, then let us know what you think in the comments:
Best: Cold open -- "Sound of Music Live! and Condensed!"
In this condensed version of "The Sound of Music Live!," Captain von Trapp introduces his children, including Dooneese, to their new governess Maria. This made us love "Sound of Music" again, »
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- ‘Gilmore Girls’: Watch Rory Meet Michelle Obama (From Variety - TV News. 25 June 2016, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- President Obama Names Historic Lgbt Bar Stonewall Inn a National Monument (From PEOPLE.com. 25 June 2016, 10:30 AM, PDT)
- 7 Stories That Made Us Smile This Week (From PEOPLE.com. 24 June 2016, 3:40 PM, PDT)
"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Chris Evans & Jenny Slate Make Red Carpet Debut as a Couple and Show Pda in Cute Photos (From E! Online. 25 June 2016, 2:16 PM, PDT)
- Playmobil calls on Ghostbusters for first licensed property (From Flickeringmyth. 25 June 2016, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Lorne Michaels on ‘SNL’s’ Future, Seth Meyers’ Partisanship, Recruiting Larry David and Not Apologizing for Trump (From Indiewire. 24 June 2016, 7:15 PM, PDT)
Will Ferrell (I)
- Legendary gets Lawrence's 'Bad Blood' (From ScreenDaily. 24 June 2016, 11:24 AM, PDT)
- What It Takes to Write ‘The Tonight Show’ (And The Writers’ 5 Favorite Sketches) (From Indiewire Television. 24 June 2016, 11:20 AM, PDT)
- What It Takes to Write ‘The Tonight Show’ (And The Writers’ 5 Favorite Sketches) (From Indiewire. 24 June 2016, 11:20 AM, PDT)