Now that December is under way, lots of people are starting to get stressed out preparing for Christmas.
As a break from all the tension, Food Network's competitive reality series "Cupcake Wars" is offering up a sweet and funny treat on Saturday, Dec. 7, with an episode called "Comedy Cupcakes."
Four bakers compete to create the perfect confection for the celebrity-studded VIP party for Variety magazine's Power of Comedy event. The regular judges -- Sprinkles Cupcakes owner Candace Nelson and pastry chef Florian Bellanger -- are back, with celebrity publicist Jennifer Styles as guest judge.
As always, comedian/magician Justin Willman is host, and he reports that the bakers will be facing some challenges as the show tries to toss some jokes into the mix of ingredients.
"In Round One," Willman tells Zap2it, "just to give you a sense, we gave them foods that are inherently funny, like parsnips, seltzer water and kumquats. »
Similar News ItemsJustin Willman (I)
- 'Halloween Wars' Justin Willman on 'Game of Thrones' couple's costumes and 'Zombie Prom' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 6 October 2013, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- Halloween Wars Returns To Food Network October 6th (From AreYouScreening. 5 September 2013, 9:12 AM, PDT)
- YouTube Comedy Week The Big Live Comedy Show Red Carpet (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 May 2013, 2:23 PM, PDT)
"Cupcake Wars" (2009)
- Exclusive: Disney Channel Sets Premiere Date for Win, Lose or Draw Revival (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 6 February 2014, 12:13 PM, PST)
- 'Cupcake Wars' Justin Willman: 'Frosting makes great television' (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 21 December 2013, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Food Network: Feeding a Nation’s Voracious Appetite (From Variety - TV News. 5 November 2013, 10:40 AM, PST)
- Candace Nelson's Tips for Halloween Treats, Plus the Best Dark Chocolate Frosting for Cupcakes (From E! Online. 15 October 2013, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- 'MasterChef Junior' and Gordon Ramsay's World's Biggest Cupcake nightmare (From Pop2it. 26 September 2013, 2:53 PM, PDT)