Before Henry Cavill landed the role of Superman in Zack Snyder's Man of Steel, he auditioned for the part in McG's version of of the superhero, Superman: Flyby. The photo above is our first image of the actor auditioning for that movie back in 2004, and below you can get a better look at that very different suit design they were going to use.
That script for the film was written by J.J. Abrams, and it would have also starred Robert Downey Jr. as Lex Luthor. This would have been an interesting movie. It's cool though that they actually ended up casting Cavill after all those years. He is really great in the role! Maybe the video of his screen test will surface soon.
- Joey Paur
Similar News ItemsRobert Downey Jr.
- South Korean actress Kim Soo Hyun talks Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Flickeringmyth. 7 March 2014, 3:43 PM, PST)
- SXSW: 11 must-see movies on the menu in Texas (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 7 March 2014, 2:28 PM, PST)
- Watch: First Clip From Jon Favreau's 'Chef' Premiering At SXSW Plus New Pics (From The Playlist. 7 March 2014, 12:10 PM, PST)
- Carrie Fisher Will Be In London For 6 Months Making ‘Star Wars Episode VII’ (From Slash Film. 7 March 2014, 3:57 PM, PST)
- Sam Raimi To Produce The Last of Us Movie (From Beyond Hollywood. 7 March 2014, 8:35 AM, PST)
- TV Review: ‘Believe’ (From Variety - TV News. 7 March 2014, 8:15 AM, PST)
Man of Steel (2013)
- Michael Keaton comments on the Ben Affleck casting backlash for Batman vs. Superman (From Flickeringmyth. 7 March 2014, 3:47 PM, PST)
- Box Office: ’300′ Sequel Starts Strongly with $3.3 Million in Late-Night Shows (From Variety - Film News. 7 March 2014, 8:46 AM, PST)
- First trailer for Robert Rodriguez and Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (From Flickeringmyth. 7 March 2014, 7:17 AM, PST)