The actor, 52, on stage craft, what we can learn from children and why he loves being naked
Actors shouldn't necessarily be able to speak intelligently about what they do. That academic intellectualising of what you're up to is so alien to me. And, more than anything, I'm thick.
Simple tasks make man simple. That was Jung's philosophy, and I agree. Neuroses and psychoses come when we overanalyse. If you have to go and chop a tree down to get wood to build a fire to keep you warm, most human beings are happy doing that. I certainly am. Doing a simple activity makes you calm.
The happiest I've been was at the birth of my children, and I fluffed my lines on each occasion. At the birth of my second child I mistook the umbilical cord for a penis and called the wrong sex.
Children teach you how to love better. »
- Emma John
Similar News ItemsNicole Kidman
- Nicole Kidman Shows Her (Fake) Age on the Set of Top of the Lake (From PEOPLE.com. 29 June 2016, 7:35 AM, PDT)
- A writer's life by Anne-Katrin Titze (From eyeforfilm.co.uk. 29 June 2016, 2:46 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Sofia Coppola’s First Film ‘Lick the Star’ Flirts With Cliques, Punk Music and Growing Up (From Indiewire. 28 June 2016, 3:46 PM, PDT)
- Why ‘Game of Thrones’ Is the Drama to Beat This Emmy Season (From Indiewire. 29 June 2016, 1:40 PM, PDT)
- Cleverman: an Aussie fantasy drama well worth your time (From Den of Geek. 24 June 2016, 9:18 AM, PDT)
- Giveaway: Win the Helen Mirren-Led ‘Eye on the Sky’ on Blu-ray (From The Film Stage. 22 June 2016, 1:38 PM, PDT)
Arthur Miller (I)
- Tony Awards 2016: Complete Winners List (From PEOPLE.com. 12 June 2016, 5:15 PM, PDT)
- Cannes Film Festival Awards 2016 (From Sydney's Buzz. 27 May 2016, 3:42 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Director Rebecca Miller Executes ‘Maggie’s Plan’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 26 May 2016, 7:07 AM, PDT)