Miley Cyrus took the entertainment and music worlds by storm this year ... so why was her name noticeably absent from the 2014 Grammy nominations that were announced on Friday (Dec. 6)?
Looks like the controversial singer is this year's Justin Bieber with a complete shutout from the 2014 Grammys, racking up a total of zero nominations. This isn't based on a technicality, either: both her singles, "We Can't Stop" and "Wrecking Ball," were released within the eligibility period even though her album "Bangerz" was released after the deadline. Were her antics this year too much for The Recording Academy to award?
While "Roar" earned a nod for Song of the Year, Bareilles got a nom for Album of the Year for "The Blessed Unrest." The two »
Similar News ItemsJustin Bieber
- 17 Lavish Holiday Gifts Stars Have Received (From Popsugar. 27 October 2016, 2:16 PM, PDT)
- Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee and Sing "Ironic" (From Popsugar. 26 October 2016, 9:58 PM, PDT)
- Watch All of James Corden's Carpool Karaoke Sessions (From Popsugar. 26 October 2016, 4:25 PM, PDT)
- 5 Celebrities Who Have Upgraded Their Engagement Rings (From E! Online. 27 October 2016, 1:32 PM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus Talks Love For Hillary Clinton And Engagement To Liam Hemsworth (From ET Canada. 27 October 2016, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- Miley Cyrus Finally Opens Up About Her Engagement Ring on Ellen (From PEOPLE.com. 27 October 2016, 7:41 AM, PDT)
- Fka Twigs Says Emotional Abuse In a Relationship Can Be 'Tender' and 'Kind of Sexy' (From Entertainment Tonight. 27 October 2016, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- ‘Sing': 7 Stars From Matthew McConaughey to Reese Witherspoon Pose With Their Animated Alter-Egos (Photos) (From The Wrap. 27 October 2016, 11:31 AM, PDT)
- She’s Got the Glow! Ciara Steps Out for the First Time Since Pregnancy Announcement (From PEOPLE.com. 27 October 2016, 8:10 AM, PDT)