Terry Brooks' multi-installment Shannara series, estimated to be the highest-selling un-adapted fantasy book series in the world with Brooks considered to be the second-highest-selling living fantasy author, is heading to the small screen on a very unlikely channel...
Per THR's The Live Freed, MTV is teaming with Jon Favreau and "Smallville" co-creators Al Gough and Miles Millar in a development deal that comes with a straight-to-series commitment, which means that should network execs like the script, the project would bypass the traditional pilot stage.
The Shannara series first started in 1977 with The Sword of Shannara and encompasses multiple trilogies and a prequel, totaling 25 books, with Brooks most recently publishing Witch Wraith in July. Another three are due to be published in 2014. And what living legend has sold more books? Only Harry Potter's J.K. Rowling. Not bad company to be in.
Shannara takes place thousands of years after the destruction of our civilization. »
- Debi Moore
Similar News ItemsWarner Bros. [us]
- Sausage Party director developing The Jetsons animated movie (From Flickeringmyth. 27 May 2017, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- The Week in Spandex – DC director changes, Hugh Jackman on Wolverine regrets, X-Men in Space, new Spider-Man spinoff and more (From Flickeringmyth. 27 May 2017, 5:35 AM, PDT)
- Patty Jenkins shares her frustration on the DC rumour mill, says there are no deleted Wonder Woman scenes (From Flickeringmyth. 27 May 2017, 2:30 AM, PDT)
Jon Favreau (I)
- Michael Keaton’s Vulture featured in first clip from Spider-Man: Homecoming (From Flickeringmyth. 26 May 2017, 2:50 PM, PDT)
- Spidey tests out his new suit in Spider-Man: Homecoming extended TV spot (From Flickeringmyth. 26 May 2017, 12:40 AM, PDT)
- Spider-Man: Homecoming UK release moved up two days (From Flickeringmyth. 25 May 2017, 8:26 AM, PDT)
- Did President Trump Push a Nato Leader Out of His Way to Be in Front of the Group? (From PEOPLE.com. 25 May 2017, 10:53 AM, PDT)
- Warner Bros. Bringing 'Justice League' Costumes, Promotions to Licensing Expo (From The Hollywood Reporter - Movie News. 23 May 2017, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Doctor Who: Extremis geeky spots and Easter eggs (From Den of Geek. 20 May 2017, 9:29 AM, PDT)