So, James, congratulations. You get people to sit on the edge of the seat without using gore or the stereotypical horror movie techniques. How did you accomplish that?
James Wan: I accomplished that by thinking, looking to the back of my brain and going, what would I do if I saw that happening? How scared would I be? For a lot of my scare screens, I always just use myself as a gauge. I think that if I find something scary, then I'd like to think and hope that other people would feel the same way as well.
What drove you into directing and story-telling?
James Wan: I loved movies growing up as a kid. It's a classic thing when you get to a certain age, »
- Gary Collinson
Similar News ItemsSteven Spielberg
- Lupita Nyong’o joins sci-fi thriller Intelligent Life (From Flickeringmyth. 11 February 2016, 12:00 AM, PST)
- Weta Workshop and Google-backed Magic Leap team on interactive tech development (From IF.com.au. 10 February 2016, 8:39 PM, PST)
- Shocking Sonnets: Check Out These Jaws Inspired Poems! (From shocktillyoudrop. 10 February 2016, 1:30 PM, PST)
James Wan (I)
- ‘Saw: Legacy’ is Apparently on the Way: Grab Your Barbed Wire and Bear Traps (From Slash Film. 9 February 2016, 11:30 AM, PST)
- 'Saw 8' Hires 'Sorority Row' Scribes To Carry On The Legacy (From LatinoReview. 9 February 2016, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Lionsgate Developing "Saw: Legacy" Film (From Dark Horizons. 9 February 2016, 5:51 AM, PST)
- First trailer and images for The Purge: Election Year (From Flickeringmyth. 10 February 2016, 12:29 PM, PST)
- First trailer for The Purge three-quel ‘The Purge: Election Year’ (From Blogomatic3000. 10 February 2016, 12:04 PM, PST)
- Harker’s Hits: February 9 New Releases (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 10 February 2016, 11:37 AM, PST)