New pictures from Downton Abbey's Christmas special have been unveiled by ITV.
Featuring fresh shots of Hollywood star Paul Giamatti's guest role and further clues about the plot for the festive edition of the period drama, the snaps are expected to excite fans of the show.
At the heart of this year's Christmas episode will be Lady Rose's 'coming out', where she is presented at Buckingham Palace.
Not wanting to miss out on the occasion Martha Levinson (Shirley MacLaine) returns, bringing her New York playboy son Harold (Giamatti) with her. Inevitably, the duo make quite the impact on London's high society.
Elsewhere, Isobel finds herself being chased by an admirer, Daisy has "an unexpected invitation" and Carson treats his staff to a "special day out".
The episode, which was filmed at Lancaster House and other spectacular locations, will also feature a storyline surrounding a royal scandal that the Crawleys are implicated in. »
Similar News Items"Downton Abbey" (2010)
- Downton Abbey’s Goes Down in Ratings (From Boomtron. 22 September 2014, 6:07 PM, PDT)
- ‘Men in Blazers': How Producer Michael Davies Became a TV Soccer Commentator (From Variety - TV News. 22 September 2014, 9:54 AM, PDT)
- The Maze Runner! A Walk Among the Tombstones! – Watch this week’s Box Office Chaps! (From Flickeringmyth. 22 September 2014, 9:11 AM, PDT)
- New Downton Abbey Season 5 Additional Spoiler Teasers Dished Out By Castmembers (From OnTheFlix. 15 September 2014, 11:44 AM, PDT)
- Twenty Twelve spinoff W1A gets second series, Hugh Bonneville to return (From Digital Spy - TV news. 15 September 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Ricky Gervais to peddle potions on ABC's musical 'Galavant' (From EW.com - Inside TV. 11 September 2014, 2:15 PM, PDT)
- The Essential Films & TV to Stream This Week – September 22nd 2014 (From HeyUGuys. 22 September 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- Heroes and Villains: 'Love & Mercy''s Paul Dano on Playing Brian Wilson (From Rolling Stone. 13 September 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Tiff 2014: Love & Mercy review (From HeyUGuys. 12 September 2014, 6:24 AM, PDT)