For those who are constantly complaining that the movie industry doesn't have any original ideas, this certainly is going to help further their cause. "Ouija," based on the board game, is in the works and "Bates Motel" star Olivia Cooke has signed on as the female lead, according to THR.
Her character attempts to contact a dead friend through a "Ouija" board, with wacky haunted hijinx ensuing. While board games as movies are nothing new, here's looking at you "Clue" and "Battleship," why not also adapt them into TV shows? There's no end to game shows based on various board games, but what about legitimate scripted TV?
For your reading pleasure, here are five board games Zap2it would like to see given the TV treatment.
Shows based on fairy tales are huge these days, so why not one about "Candy Land"? What person wouldn't watch adventures through the Candy Cane Forest, »
Similar News Items"Game of Thrones" (2011)
- The Deep Blue Good-By halted due to Christian Bale’s injury (From Flickeringmyth. 26 April 2015, 10:53 AM, PDT)
- a few thoughts on Outlander so far (and open thread) (From FlickFilosopher. 26 April 2015, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- "Game Of Thrones: High Sparrow" (From SneakPeek. 26 April 2015, 8:31 AM, PDT)
"How I Met Your Mother" (2005)
- Rob Zombie Reveals Two More Photos from 31 (From DailyDead. 24 April 2015, 2:45 PM, PDT)
- Cobie Smulders: I Was Diagnosed With Ovarian Cancer at 25 Years Old (From E! Online. 23 April 2015, 4:49 PM, PDT)
- Cobie Smulders Reveals She Was Diagnosed With Ovarian Cancer at Age 25 (From Us Weekly. 23 April 2015, 9:51 AM, PDT)
"Bates Motel" (2013)
- Enter The Pit for an Image Gallery and Preview of Bates Motel Episode 3.08 (From Dread Central. 21 April 2015, 11:20 AM, PDT)
- By Grabthar's hammer! A Galaxy Quest TV series is in development (From JoBlo. 21 April 2015, 9:12 AM, PDT)
- 23 specially-shot movie teaser trailers (From Den of Geek. 21 April 2015, 4:34 AM, PDT)