Respected actor Jeremy Irons is set to co-star in the Edward R. Pressman/ Prashita Chaudhary’s Cinemorphic Entertainment Company production of The Man Who Knew Infinity, the biographic film on the life of Srinivasa Ramanujan with Dev Patel starring as the revered Indian mathematician. Irons will play G.H. Hardy, the English mathematician who plucked Ramanujan from obscurity in Edwardian India and installed him in the hallowed halls of Cambridge University.
The film will be directed by Matthew Brown, who also wrote the screenplay based on the biography The Man Who Knew Infinity: A Life of the Genius Ramanujan by Robert Kanigel. Edward R. Pressman and Prashita Chaudhary of Cinemorphic are producers along with Jim Young under his Animus Films banner and Sofia Sondervan of Dutch Tilt Film.
Announcing the casting, Pressman said, “I am delighted to be working with Jeremy again. Our last collaboration on Reversal of Fortune earned an Oscar for Jeremy, »
- Stacey Yount
Similar News ItemsHugh Jackman
- What's New on Netflix, TV, Digital, and DVD/Blu-ray This Week: May 25 - 31 (From Moviefone. 25 May 2015, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Emily Blunt, Josh Brolin & Benicio Del Toro Team Up In First Clip For Denis Villeneueve’s 'Sicario' (From The Playlist. 22 May 2015, 11:11 AM, PDT)
- Dave Grohl would only take women on “free” dates as a youngster (From The Hollywood News. 22 May 2015, 9:12 AM, PDT)
Bradley Cooper (I)
- 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (From Indiewire. 25 May 2015, 11:30 AM, PDT)
- 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Actor (From Indiewire. 25 May 2015, 9:49 AM, PDT)
- Some Native Hawaiians Disapprove of 'Aloha' Movie Title (From The Hollywood Reporter. 25 May 2015, 7:46 AM, PDT)
- 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actress (From Indiewire. 25 May 2015, 10:42 AM, PDT)
- 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Actress (From Indiewire. 25 May 2015, 10:22 AM, PDT)
- Oscar-Nominated Film Series: Hanks and Ryan Take Forever to Realize That Men are from Seattle and Women from Baltimore (From Alt Film Guide. 24 May 2015, 3:12 PM, PDT)